Overall, the hotel was acceptable for the weekend I was there. I expected much more, however, for the price that we paid. I am aware that Venice is expensive, but this seemed ridiculous for what was offered.
Cons: *Website advertises air-conditioning. What they don't state is that air-conditioning is only offered in July and August. We stayed in May, which was a great time to tour the city in regards to weather, but in a small closed room with no windows, it was quite warm and uncomfortably warm in the bathroom. * Bed is not comfortable - very basic and somewhat hard. * No clock in the room *Breakfast looks nice at first glance, but the fruit was not ripe enough to eat and the bread was stale.
Pros: *Location was good, but not excellent. Was on the grand canal, but a 45 min walk to San Marco or a €7 water taxi fee 1 way per person. * Italian decor * Staff was friendly *Small safe in room.
If staying Venice again, I would stay in other locations next so I could make a better comparison.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant and welcoming, the Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal has been run with passion for approximately 30 years by a Venetian family which loves to pay its guests attention, by providing them with valuable advise on how to capture the city’s true essence.Pastel shades, Venetian stuccoes, glass wall lamps made in Murano, furnishings which, while being functional, recall the glorious Serenissima epoch: these are the elements of the new hall and bar, completely mirrored on marvellous Istria stone. Right at the centre of the hotel is an original glass cupola creating light effects which highlight its sophistication. The recently restored, characteristic internal patio onto which some of the rooms look out and where guests can enjoy breakfast or relax, using it as a peaceful open-air lounge, has a notable impact on guests. The elegant Bar Carlton Café offers you the chance to taste excellent drinks and whet your appetite with unusual snacks both in the internal room and in the open-air, enjoying an unforgettable stay on the Grand Canal.The hotel also offers its guests outstanding opportunities to discover all of Venice’s magic, by organizing personalised itineraries and excursions: boat tours to the lagoon islands, guided tours of the city, romantic itineraries followes by a candle lit dinner and much more. For further information on “special” packages, check out our online booking now or send your request to our booking centre.For conferences and meetings we can provide the “Galileo” room, fitted with update equipment and capable of holding up to 60 people.Some of the services offered to our guests include: free entry to the Casino, free baggage surveillance, baby-sitting, restaurant booking, theatre and concert tickets.Restaurant “La Cupola”Elegant reflections, inviting aromas, brilliant colours and exclusive tastes: these are the defining features of our restaurant “La Cupola”, a jewel of refined style in newly renovated surroundings, boasting harmony in its menu selections inspired both by innovative cuisine, as well as the genuine traditions of the territory.The distinct, welcoming atmosphere and the fine cuisine will envelop you and capture you, transforming your “mealtime” into an exceptional experience.You will be greeted with warmth and courtesy, and given expert advice on your menu selections.The typical and international specialties are served with refined simplicity, elegant and genuine at the same time, accompanied by an exclusive wine list. Our Maitre, Filippo Nocerino, will be at your disposition for any special requests.Perfect for any occassion or simply for a romantic evening, our restaurant “La Cupola” will live up to your expectations and your appetites!TOP OF THE CARLTON SKY LUNGE & RESTAURANTLet “Time Out” steer you upwards to the finest sky lounge in Venice for enjoying cocktails in the clouds and Grand Canal view dining .Stylish evenings begin and end at TOP OF THE CARLTON, the rooftop terrace perched on the 4th floor of the Carlton on the Grand Canal Hotel. Impressive views from this spacious terrace take in both the ancient majesty of the Grand Canal and its noble palaces and the modern Constitution bridge, the newest structure that pierces the motley Venice skyline full of domes, bell towers, arches and spires.Choose from a multitude of cocktails, snacks and light-dining while you sit and enjoy a romantic sunset or experience the gentle lapping of the Grand Canal waters as a gondola passes by.When it’s time to unwind and relax, choose Top of the Carlton.TOP OF THE CARLTON can be exclusively reserved for private events and functions, such as wedding receptions, birthday parties, corporate events – in fact the sky is the limit.Open from mid May to end of September, weather permitting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Venere, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Grand Canal Hotel
- Hotel Carlton Grand Canal
- Canal Hotel Venice