When you step out of the train station you can see the hotel which was brilliant, there was only one bridge to cross! All of the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We had a room which looked out onto a courtyard. The room was nice and the decor was traditional Venetian style. Although the room was on the small side it had everything we needed. The room was cleaned everyday. Breakfast was good, there was fresh fruit, cereal, bacon, scrambled eggs, yoghurt and croissants.
We used a water bus to travel around Venice. We also walked from the hotel to St. Marks Square which took around 30 minutes. It was a great way to see the hidden streets of Venice!
We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and I would definitely stay again. The staff were helpful and the hotel is in a very good location.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Grand Canal Hotel
- Hotel Carlton Grand Canal
- Canal Hotel Venice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal with its one hundred windows, looks out onto the Grand Canal, the romantic stretch of water lined with magnificent palaces and their thousand reflections and colors: a truly unique location which makes this elegant hotel the perfect option for an unforgettable holiday discovering Venice - a magic, timeless city! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.