“Average touristic restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Average touristic restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

One of the things most tourists don't realize is that a lot of Trattorie, Osterie and Restaurants, that are supposed to serve classical Venetian food, are ran by not native Italian/Venetian people.
This restaurant is one of them. Nevertheless I cannot complain about, our food was well cooked ( we opted for the grilled fishes ), the service was good and they don't charge the 12% as the majority of the restaurants there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
Indian Harbour Beach, FL
“Surprisingly good fish from what looks like a tourist restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I could not get into the restaurant we wanted (no reservations) so we decided to wander around a bit and look for someplace new. This restaurant had a nice selection of fish on the menu posted outside, so we decided to try it. I'm glad we did. My husband had grilled salmon (very good) and I had baked fish (sea bream) with "Sicilian herbs". It was delicious. He pronounced the house wine as "pretty good" and I enjoyed my spritz.
I think everyone in the place was a tourist, but they all seemed to be enjoying their food. The staff was friendly and the food arrived in a decent amount of time. Nothing to complain about here!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Poznan
“really decent pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The restaurant may not look astonishing or seem welcoming at first glance, but we had there our best pizza in Venice. It was really decent, with fresh ingredients and good quality cheeses (especially in the 4 fromaggi one). Recommendable!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible - would not return”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We really wanted to like this cute restaurant for a romantic dinner, but my husband's food was so horrible that it was inedible and it still cost 40 euros for dinner. I will say that my pesto pasta was good, but his clam dish was so salted that neither of us could eat them, and I can't believe the chef would have sent that out. he clearly had not tasted it; it was as if someone spilled the salt container - you could not detect any other flavors. given the language barrier, however, we did not bother trying to complain and just paid and left disappointed and hungry.

Visited March 2013
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Friendly restaurant - always made to feel welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Good choice of dishes - typical Venetian fare. Good wine list and house wines quite acceptable. Not pricey and well worth a visit. Owner very friendly and welcoming. Not made to feel rushed through the meal. Beware the cuckoo clock on the hour!

Visited March 2013