“One word "Bombastic"!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Venice-BB-Venezia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Venice
Venice-BB-Venezia
Ranked #7 of 433 Venice B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“One word "Bombastic"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Best breakfast ever! The room was big with high ceilings. The B&B had a homey feel. The host was so friendly and took that extra step, recommending restaurants and did I mention the breakfast! Loved that my dog was welcomed with open arms, literally. Gina provided a warm welcome upon arrival. She is very popular amongst the locals. Fantastic experience.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I’ve stayed in this B&B twice now and would unreservedly recommend it. Actually the only reason I wouldn’t unreservedly recommend it is the worry that it will be booked out if I want to stay here again in future. I felt comfortable from the moment I set foot inside the door. It’s more like staying with a friend than at a B&B. The rooms are lovely (clean, comfortable, well-maintained) and the communal areas are homely. Venice is expensive but this is affordable for a single traveller - I’d be in a dorm otherwise or marooned out in Mestre - and it’s brilliant value for couples.

Alessandro is the perfect host, welcoming and easygoing (just plain nice). Instead of being rushed through check-in, it’s a case of sit down, have a chat, something to drink, and settle in a bit first. He loves his city and gives excellent recommendations for what to see and where to eat. He provides really nice breakfasts (great coffee), and also very kindly offered some home cooking when I was there. He certainly didn't need to do this, but I don’t think he even viewed it as going the extra miles, it’s just something that comes naturally.

Venice heaves with tourists and, despite being one myself, it gets too much. If I had to recommend staying anywhere in the city, it would be Cannaregio or Castello because they’re both more removed from the maddening crowds. But the advantage of Cannaregio is the proximity to the railway station and airport buses: the former’s just a short walk from Venice-BB-Venezia, the latter about 10-15 minutes on foot. Cannaregio is lively without being rowdy and the part that looks out onto the lagoon is more peaceful than I ever thought Venice could be. (The B&B itself is a little oasis of calm: you wake up to birdsong.) It also has a fairly direct route to follow northwards via Strada Nova to Rialto and Castello, the latter being a beautiful area for walks. If you’re on a tight budget, the vaporetti can be expensive and it’s handy to have a thread to follow home when you’re tired and want to avoid the labyrinth that is Santa Croce and San Polo (prepare to either send up flares in these areas or pray for the appearance of a St Bernard).

And then there’s Gina. I think a dog makes a guest house a guest home. She’s discreet and if you don’t like dogs you won’t see much of her. If you do like dogs, you’ll be thrilled. She’s very good-natured and willing to put up with being photographed more than St Mark’s Square. She’s also a cultured little spaniel and accompanies Alessandro everywhere, from cafes to philosophy lectures (she was off to university for a talk on hermeneutics during my last stay).

I’ve been trying to do my homework lately and write the reviews that positive experiences deserve. Venice-BB-Venezia deserves all the credit it gets. Staying anywhere else in Venice just wouldn't be the same for me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Iowa City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife had a great stay here in May! First it fit the budget while keeping us in Venice. The reviews were great and I was happy Allessandro had room when booked the room through his website. The location was better than I had expected. I had the impression that the best place to stay would have been closer to St. Marks, but this was better for us. It was close to bus/train depots which was convenient. It was also in a very beautiful part of Venice.

The BB is clean with a nice charm and a friendly atmosphere. Allesandro is an exellent host and we loved meeting him and spending our breakfast time talking to him. He is very thoughtful and gave us the best breakfasts we had in Italy! He is also helpful with the city. Our room was very nice and the bathrrom that is shared was also clean and sufficeint for our stay. Overall a wonderful experience and a place we'd stay again if we returned to Venice!

Directions to the B&B are on the website. The street it is on is a very small street with no outlet. You could miss it if you're looking for a bigger street, but his directions should get you right there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I booked a room at the Venice-BB-Venezia for a friend & compagnion. Both don´t speak Italian or English ... and were a bit "excited". Alessandro really helped them a lot, gave the cool tipps & served a wonderful breakfast. My friend told me, that the BB is a great. Last but not least it´s very centrally located. Gina helped him feeling like at home (where Oskar was waiting :-)

Go for it!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed two nights in Venice-BB-Venezia with my friends and it was a very good experience. The hotel has a great location. Only 10 minutes walking from the train station and very close to the vaporato station. The room was very clean and quite big...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here November 2012, and it was fantastic! The accommodations were comfortable and the host was great! He was very helpful and gave us a city map when we arrived. He marked it up with all of the good restaurants and neat places to visit. He speaks a great deal of English and uses his guests as an opportunity to learn more. We were there during the aqua alta, so most of the city was flooded, but he provided rubber boots so that we weren't really slowed down. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

amazing b%b located in a good location close to the water buses.had the warmest of welcomes from allesandro and gina and given a map with great restraunts and advice on avoiding the tourist traps.the rooms are nice with comfy beds the breakfast is 5*,,...me and my wife had a wonderfull time ,gracie allesandro and hopefully see you next year with our little bambino..

Room Tip: get a good map and allesandro will put all the good restraunts and tips on it