“Best kept secret in Venice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Isole

You added Hotel Le Isole to your Saves list
Hotel Le Isole
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Castello 4661 | Fondamenta del vin, 30122 Venice, Italy (Castello)   |
Ranked #18 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Best kept secret in Venice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had the pleasure of spending the week of Christmas through New Years day in Venice at this incredible hotel. We had a fantastic experience there! You just can't get any better with the location...its literally about a 4 minute walk from the water bus station and about a 3 minute walk to St. Mark's Square. Just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds. It's a small hotel, only 12 rooms, so the attention to detail is unbelievable!

Our room was fabulous. We stayed in a deluxe double. The room was large, the bathroom was just beautiful and the beds and linens....perfect. We had a balcony that overlooked the streets and that was a treat!

I can't say enough about the kindness and generosity of the hotel staff. They were eager to help with any of your needs. And the breakfast, well, sweet Elana made each morning so special. This is not your typical breakfast (and yes, breakfast is included in the cost) with assorted cheeses and cold meat. This kind and beautiful woman would greet me each morning, my coffee would be poured and she would ask what I wished for breakfast, and she would cook it! I felt like a princess and she was such a delight!

Our room did face outward to the street but we did not experience the noise that has been referred to here, with the exception of New Year's Eve. Nothing in the US can compare with the 1.5 hours of sounds of cannons going off! But we just laughed about that and enjoyed that too.

It was a priceless trip. This is a priceless hotel. If you want a special stay in this beautiful city, you just can't go wrong with Hotel Le Isole!

Room Tip: We loved our room that faced out to the street with a balcony!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Le Isole during October for three nights but have only now found time to write a review.

I can honestly say my stay at this particular hotel was a very pleasant experience. Although I do have two MINOR downfalls which I will shortly discuss.

Firstly, it was my first time visiting Venice so I was very thorougher when it came to searching for hotel which was in a good location and clean. Based on the reviews I had read on trip advisor, I decided Hotel Le Isole would be the hotel for me... and it certainly lived up to expectation.

The hotel is very easy to walk to from the water taxi station even with all the luggage that I had (approx. a 3 min walk). The main part of Venice, Pizza San Marco, is also a very short distance (approx 5 min walk). The hotel is also surrounded by restaurants which is handy if you're jet-lagged and do not want to walk too far for some dinner. As far as location is concerned, this hotel is definitely in a prime location.

Aside from location, the hotel itself is clean and crisp and its neutral color scheme also helps give a crispy/fresh vibe. The hotel staff are very well mannered, helpful and friendly. There is a buffet served in the Hotel's restaurant which was delicious and the waitress who is in charge of the restaurant is also very helpful.

The hotel room that I stayed in was called San franseco del Deserto (I'm sorry but I do not remember the exact door number, but this title was printed on the door), was a very cozy and beautiful room. I was extremely pleased with the spacious room (especially considering the european standard size rooms), along with the beautiful spacious bathroom. The hotel itself does not have many rooms... but this can work in your favour because it is nice and quiet (minus the following paragraph).

Despite saying the hotel is nice and quiet, I had trouble sleeping due to the noisy crowd at the restaurant just below my window were making a racket until about 12am (I was jet lagged and desperate for sleep). So I assume the windows aren't very sound proof. However, I understand it is not in the hotel's control on how loud the public around the hotel are.

Another downfall, was there was a very unpleasant smell in my room. It was not in my family's room who stayed in a different room a couple down. I still do not know what the smell was, but it was in a particular part of the room so I constantly had the windows open to try and air out the muggy smell. It was almost as though something was wet in the wall or something.

Aside from the two minor downfalls, I would return to this hotel in a heart beat and definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. :)

Overall the hotel has great service/staff, is aesthetically pleasing, great breakfast buffet, excellent location and charming.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Venice is just a magical and unique. We stayed at Hotel Le Isole for 3 nights during our stay in Venice. We left our car just outside the lagoon as suggested by the hotel staff and then we took the boat to reach the hotel that is close to Piazza San Marco, great location. The hotel has been recently renovated and our room was very cozy, clean and comfortable, drinks from the minibar are included in the room price, really good. The breakfast is very good and the staff was all very kind in the breakfast room and the reception staff too. Great hotel!

Room Tip: we stayed in the deluxe room, very comfortable
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is charming and very close to a major boat stop. It is easy to get to with luggage (no bridges on walk there) and is close to Piazza San Marco but on a quiet street. The front desk staff are very helpful and friendly. Totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We spent a couple of days in Venice at the beginning of December 2012 and decided upon Le Isole based on a fair comparison of price rates and reviews we found on TripAdvisor and other hotel sites. Our experience was very pleasant and did not disappoint our expectations: although one does not visit Venice in order to spent high quality time indoors, the hotel also satisfied the needs of a tired tourist: we had booked a Classic room (not Deluxe) and found it spacious enough, clean and the bathroom was a nice surprise (specious, well organized and all necessary facilities). From our perspective the breakfast was meant to satisfy different tastes (from light start-ups, fruits and yogurt to omelette and bacon) while the free minibar was also a plus. The inside garden with tables seems like a treat during summer. The location of the hotel is very good as far as major sightseeing points and means of transport are concerned (both from and to the airport and inside Venice public transport). Our recommendation for better service would regard the improvement of the internet connection (would disconnect if idle) and maybe a system to allow more clean air (at one time the air inside the room seemed a bit confined, although I'm not sure if that's not a constant problem in Venice or the outside weather during our visit wasn't of an influence to that).

Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Location is a few minutes' walk to Vaporatto stop and Piazza San Marco. Room is nice - high ceiling, clean bathroom, free non-alcoholic beverages in a minibar, cable channel. Breakfast was simple but high quality and good selection. The lady who works by herself every morning was wonderful - professional yet personable. Some of the reception staff seemed jaded maybe they are tired of tourists asking the same questions but a little more enthusiasm and anticipation would have made my stay more pleasant. It was annoying that I had to log in every time I need to use wifi and password is easy to remember. Also you need different IDs for different devices and you will be disconnected if there is no activity for about 15 minutes. Rrrrrrrr!
Overall satisfied.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Darwin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We chose to stay at Le Isole after reading reviews on trip advisor and we were really pleased with the choice. Our room was spacious, with a small couch in addition to the bed and other furniture. The bathroom was lovely, and the bed comfortable. We looked out onto the restaurant area and it is a pleasant outlook. Le Isole is located near St Mark's Square and a very short walk from the Grand Canal and public transport. Staff were amazingly friendly and helpful - we especially appreciated the personalised service received at breakfast, and the room service tailored to our needs. I cannot imagine that anyone would not enjoy their stay at this high quality hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Le Isole? Share your experiences!