Perfect location right on the Grand Canal near the Venice Biennale Giardini/Arsenale area's As we were there for the Biennale, it was great to be able to visit all the pavilions/exhibitions and then head back to the hotel for a break from the heat during the afternoon.
It is only 3 bridges from Doges Palace and St Marks Square with a vaporetto stop almost at the front door.
As well, the rooftop is a perfect area for night photography of the city.
The rooms are pretty good and I couldn't really fault them considering the building was built in the 1300's. There is a lovely little garden out the back which provided respite from the heat and the crowds of tourists. Hardly anyone used this garden so it was very peaceful. The vaporetto dropped us right at the back door which is on a side canal so that was pretty special - not having to wander with our suitcases from the train station was a HUGE bonus.
The staff are pretty good and the breakfasts were fairly extensive.
I'd happily stay there again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Hotel Gabrielli, a Venetian Palazzo from the 14th century is family owned in the 5th generation. Only a few minutes walk from Saint Mark’s square, the Doge’s Palace, the Basilica of St. Mark and the Arsenale offers a fantastic location on the waterfront and excellent views on the laguna. Inhouse restaurant with venetian cuisine and Bar. Don't miss the roof terrace and the regarden to relax from a busy day. Private boat pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Gabrielli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Hotel
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Venice
- Hotel Gabrielli Sandwirth