Just returned from a 3 night stay over New Years. First impressions fantastic. Reception and concierge were very welcoming. Hotel beautiful in a fantastic location 4 minutes in between both the Rialto bridge and st marks square. Room, again, first impressions we were very pleased. The room was exceptionally clean with lovely decor although the room wasn't the biggest we were very pleased. However; first thing we noticed was the room temperature. It was so hot we immediately opened the windows to get some air into the room. Upon inspection there was only a heating control in the room and no ac. I know, you wouldn't expect to put ac on in December but the whole hotel was so hot it was required!! We therefore had to leave our windows open for our entire stay which was pretty noisy from outside late at night and early morning church bells and deliveries but having a decent sleeping temperature was more important than noise levels.
Further into our stay our first impressions continued to demised just by small things; the hospitality tray was not once refilled. If you're going to supply tea and coffee supply it for your guests for their whole stay.
Breakfast was only average and nothing special, their scrambled egg was just awful!
The worst issue with our stay was that when we returned early afternoon to recharge the batteries we noticed our bedroom door open slightly and not closed. We had left our room before housekeeping had been in and upon return and entering the room had been cleaned. So from this we initially thought either we had been burgled or house keeping had not closed and secured our door. Fortunately it was the later but upon bringing this to the attention of the receptionist she simply started saying the doors were temperamental. It was my husband that then came over and advised her that the inside lock had been turned so that the door wouldn't shut completely behind. From this she simply apologised and upon check out with the 'hotel manager' no less, no mention so hadn't obviously been advised by reception and no doubt the housekeeping member of staff hadn't been berated either, there was no further mention of this major security issue, an apology or a question as to how was your stay' of which you expect from any good hotel upon check out. Overall disappointed and what could have been a Major security and criminal issue was simply rebuffed. BEWARE- do not leave anything in your room if staying here make sure you use the safe provided which we fortunately did!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inside, its pleasant, cozy areas and rooms unwind, conveying an elegant atmosphere. It features a restaurant, cafe, panoramic rooftop terrace, library, music room and a charming internal private piazza where one can enjoy the warmth of its fireplace in the winter. The 165 bedrooms, ranging from superior to suites, offer all the modern comforts requested for an unforgettable stay in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Starhotels Splendid Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Splendid Venice Hotel Venice
- Starhotels Splendid Hotel Venice
- Venice Starhotels Splendid Hotel
- Starhotel Splendid Venice