“luxe in the heart of venice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Starhotels Splendid Venice

You added Starhotels Splendid Venice to your Saves list
Starhotels Splendid Venice
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San Marco Mercerie, 760, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #51 of 383 Hotels in Venice
New York City, New York
“luxe in the heart of venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

we stayed here for our honeymoon and our first trip to venice! everything was great and we had a great time!! when we first arrived to the island, we had such a hard time looking for the hotel, but aside from that,,, we had no complains... good location, great hotel, and the restaurant downstairs was outstanding. i'll def stay here again when i come back to venice!! i highly recommend.

Room Tip: make sure u get a room thats overseeing the st mark's campanile!!! very romantic!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here for my other half 30th birthday. Neither of us had been to Venice and I took a chance on this hotel choosing it purely because of the seemingly great location and gorgeous looking rooms on the website. I wasn't disappointed.
We stumbled upon it almost by chance when we first arrived in Venice. The location is PERFECT, I honestly wouldn't stay anywhere else just because this hotel has the best location imaginable.
You're a few minutes walk from San Marco square and on one side of the hotel is the touristy shops whilst on the other side is the main 'high street'.
Despite being right in the middle of the action, the hotel is so quiet! The rooms are elegant, light, clean and comfortable. The bathrooms huge. If I had just one grumble it would be that I'd like more choice of hot food for the complimentary breakfasts but other than that, it was everything I wanted from my accommodation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Took my wife there for her 50th and what a wonderful time we had. The hotel is in a perfect location for both St Marks and Rialto. I think the only thing that let this hotel down was the breakfast. There was not much in the way of choice. We took a speedboat from the airport, which was a bit extravagant, but cool and we pulled up right outside the hotel. I would definitely stay there again and thought it was great value for money. I don't think you will find a better hotel in the perfect location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

What i liked:
-Rooms were nice and clean and equipped well
-Staff were helpful and friendly
What i did not like:
-Location is difficult to find
-Internet is not free in the hotel. They offer it in some rooms for free and other rooms for 6-8 euro per night!
-rate per night is considerably high

• Stayed June 2013
Jerusalem
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was disappointed by the hotel, mainly by the staff. I had high expectations from the hotel as we booked a superior room. When we arrived, the check-in experience by the receptionist was very cold. We got a tiny room with no view at all. The room was clean though. The mattress was so damaged (too old/used?) that I could not sleep well. The breakfast experience was bad: the staff was totally over-loaded and did not try at all to help and to be nice. It was taking about 10 minutes to get a cup of coffee by an unpleasant young person that do not understand english! The check-out experience was also not pleasant. I was charged for some local taxes that I did not expect as I had a all-prepaid voucher. All the clerck did was simply to present me a form to complain to the authorities. This hotel is simply a "factory of tourists" and do not have any nice human relationship. To be honest I cannot understand why this hotel got a so high ranking... but I wasn't in any other hotel room within Venice, so I can't compare. The location advantage is not so important as Venice island is quite small and to my opinion it is better to be in a better hotel even a bit more far away and spend another 5-10 minutes of walk...

Room Tip: I booked a superior room and we got a really tiny room. Of course the clercks tell that the hotel is...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
splendidvenice2011, Direttore at Starhotels Splendid Venice, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dera Yaakov/Jerusalem
thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comment and for choosing our Hotel as place to stay. Your comment is very important to us - I would like to better understand the situation. Please let me know at your early convinience when I can contact you s.pisani@starhotels .
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Best regards,
Salvatore Pisani
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Beautiful hotel with very comfortable rooms, a great bar and helpful staff. It's really convenient for all the main attractions, but it can be a very busy area particularly at the weekend. The only downside of this hotel was how noisy it was early in the morning, so I would advise people to request a room away from the lifts. Having said that, we would go back - there is nothing nicer than sitting in the lounge area watching the gondolas go by.

Mechelen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Ideal situated in Venice, between Rialto bridge ( 5 minutes) and San marco ( 5 minutes walk), where you can take a waterbus along the Gran canal to all points of interest. The hotel can also be reached by watertaxi or gondola as it is situated at a small canal in the middle of the old city, shopping area and restaurants. Nevertheless you do not hear the noice as the room is soundproof. Great breakfast, nice staff, very comfortable and nicely decorated rooms, except I was missing a sofa in the room to relax.

Room Tip: The sizes of the rooms are quite different, but you can ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Starhotels Splendid Venice? Share your experiences!