“Vegetarian Soup with Bread Sticks on the Side” 5 of 5 stars

+39 (0)415201789
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Currently closed. Reopening September 30, 2013.
Los Angeles, California
“Vegetarian Soup with Bread Sticks on the Side”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Based on the reviews on TA, we went searching for this Tearoom amidst the rain looking for a filling meal. It was an oversight on my part as I thought the tearoom serves more than just tea and soup. Nevertheless, we sat in and ordered two cups of tea and a pomodoro soup. The "Seven Tesuri" (not sure the name is correct) tea was lightly aromatic and very soothing. The owner recommended the Kamar black tea which we agreed to go with her. It was a little steeper than we want but still wonderful.

All meals (lunch/dinner) are 10 Euro, a decent price in Venice. The homemade vegetarian pomodoro soup was thick, creamy and absolutely delicious. The soup also came with a side of buttery bread sticks which goes very well with the soup and the teas. Though we barely filled up our stomach, we walked away feeling fulfilling.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
UK
“OMG Earl Grey and scones for tea in Venice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

After a walk over the Rialto and through the back streets of San Polo to Rio Marin I came across this Tearoom and absolutely fell in love with it! You WILL get lost, because Venetian cartographers are not big on detail. So by the time you fall through the doors you will have an appetite! Fortunately, this place is an irresistible melange of Japanese teahouse-meets-Bettys. Curl up at one of the wooden tables gazing on the canal, unwind to the strains of Mozart wafting from the stereo, and choose from scrumptious scones (with clotted cream and raspberry jam), chunky fruit cake and 40 different teas.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
london
“Nice cafe but overpriced and Bizzare owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Was in Venice 2 wks ago and we visited this place because we read good reviews. The place itself is lovely with the food being ok but very overpriced (10 euro regardless of what you pick) for what where you are, It is essentially a cafe. I didnt think the lady (I presume owner) was overly nice. She seemed a bit abrasive, asking a bit rudely what made us come to her cafe. We answered honestly saying we read a recommendation for it in a book. That made us think then she did not like tourists (some places in venice discourage tourists entering their eateries). However, from what I can read from trip advisor prehaps not! Anyways I think this lady was a tad rude, after buying a cake which was plonked down in front of us she then went to my friend "were you not here last week anyway?"..we were now mysitified by her behaviour and said no (Only just arrived in Venice). Then after talking to her and telling her where we were from she began speaking in Italien to her collegue behind the counter (which we could grasp in our basic Italien) about us saying it wasnt who she thought. Anyway bizarre lady, bizzare and confusing and a tad awkward experience but I still say visit but make sure you tell her you just arrived or she may confuse you with someone she didnt like.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong
“Very nice Small tearoom in Venice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

On my Trip in Feb 2013, Wanna go to a quiet place for walking and shooting. Then try to following the user comments and visited this Tea Rooms in Santa Croce area. The Tea Room not too big, Woody furniture with warm lighting. Very nice mood for a relaxing afternoon. The staffs are very friendly to speak English for me!! I felt the localize in the tea room, I ordered a Black Tea with a Chocolate Cake! Both of them are very nice!!! If I go Venice again, I'd like to go again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Karma for the karma tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

A nice small peaceful retreat after a days walking in Venice, teapots and crockery from the potteries as well giving you a good couple of cup fulls of tea,excellent range of tea's to choose from, the Karma blend was lovely at 3.5euros, along with the Tuscan Soup, 10 Euro's seemed a bit expensive but that's Venice I suppose

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere