“Very nice Small tearoom in Venice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tearoom Caffe Orientale - CLOSED

Tearoom Caffe Orientale
Rio Marin Santa Croce 888, 30135 Venice, Italy (Santa Croce)
+39 (0)415201789
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Pub, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Description: Currently closed. Reopening September 30, 2013.
Hong Kong
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice Small tearoom in Venice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

On my Trip in Feb 2013, Wanna go to a quiet place for walking and shooting. Then try to following the user comments and visited this Tea Rooms in Santa Croce area. The Tea Room not too big, Woody furniture with warm lighting. Very nice mood for a relaxing afternoon. The staffs are very friendly to speak English for me!! I felt the localize in the tea room, I ordered a Black Tea with a Chocolate Cake! Both of them are very nice!!! If I go Venice again, I'd like to go again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Northwich, United Kingdom
“Karma for the karma tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

A nice small peaceful retreat after a days walking in Venice, teapots and crockery from the potteries as well giving you a good couple of cup fulls of tea,excellent range of tea's to choose from, the Karma blend was lovely at 3.5euros, along with the Tuscan Soup, 10 Euro's seemed a bit expensive but that's Venice I suppose

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Nice on a rainy day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

On our trip, my fiancee and I chose the top ranked restaurants to try out. This was one of the ones that popped up on tripadvisor. We went for lunch. It was a nice atmosphere on a rainy day. The food for $10 euro a dish wasn't that worth it. The quiche was good but the tomato soup wasn't. The service was good. Lovely couple that were serving us were quite friendly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Soup was brilliant and the homemade bread was good! Cakes were very good as well, wide range of tea. perfect place for vegetarians. Friendly staffs who speak very good English. Doesn't offer much Italian food though.

Venice, Italy
“Calm & Quirky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

A friend of ours was leaving Venice for a few weeks and a mutual acquaintance suggested that we should have a last lunch together. The place put forward was somewhere called The Tea Room. The Tea Room! The TEA room. What tomfoolery was this. Supposing I was seen. The cry would go up round Venice, “Do you know who I saw and what he was drinking?” On being told there would be general fainting and disbelief.
However at 12.30 we found ourselves seated in said Tea Room. It’s a very uncluttered place with very few tables. We were first but after half an hour all tables were taken. Despite its name it does not have an overtly English feel to it and neither does the menu. We were given rather attractive small menus and I was taken back by the varieties of tea that are on offer; every flavour and variety including tisanes. I don’t know what tisanes are but there were plenty of them. At last as a sinking feeling began to overtake me I saw those lovely words ‘wine’ and ‘beer’. So followed a very pleasant lunch for the four of us. There was a choice of lenticche al curry, zuppa di ceci, quiche di vedure, pappa al pomodoro, ribolita and crêpes vegetariana. We all chose different things with me opting for the lenticche. It was unbelievably tasty and with just the right amount of heat. It was incredibly filling, so much so that I didn’t eat for the rest of the day. The Tuscan bread that came with the meal put Venetian bread to shame. With our glass of wine came a half litre of tap water. So, all in all we had an excellent lunch.
There is much attractive artwork in the Tea Room mostly of animals and postcard copies are available to buy. The service is very personal and unrushed and that is not a euphemism for slow. For those of a literary bent the palazzo opposite is the one Henry James had in mind when writing The Aspern Papers.
For lunch and a glass of wine 13 euros.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere