“An Oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tearoom Caffe Orientale - CLOSED

Tearoom Caffe Orientale
Rio Marin Santa Croce 888, 30135 Venice, Italy (Santa Croce)
+39 (0)415201789
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Pub, Vietnamese
Dining options: Coffee & Tea, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Description: Currently closed. Reopening September 30, 2013.
New Canaan, Connecticut
“An Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you're looking for freshly prepared, simple, vegetarian food, this is the place. It's a nice antidote especially if you've been eating big meals. The weather now is very cold and raining, and the soup here is the perfect meal. Pair it with their freshly baked bread, and you'll be completely satisfied. I plan to stop by as frequently as I can while I am here in Venice.
You're free to relax while sipping tea and eating delicious food. A nice respite.
The owners, Elena & Francesco seem to know everyone who walks through the door. In fact, I was greeted with a Ciao, Lisa! today which made me feel very welcome. I highly recommend this place.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Tearoom Caffe Orientale - something different in Venice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

An atypical English tearoom, with a zen kind of atmosphere - calm, and cosy. This place is not your usual Venetian bar - wooden tables, scones, chocolate cake and soup. It's all fantastic. And there's a huge selection of teas. Right next to a small canal and a bridge, you can watch people coming and going. They don't rush you, even though the place is small. Friendly service and reasonable prices. I'm just sorry we couldn't fit in more visits!

Zurigo
“Finalmente - no need to get fish or flesh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

What a wonderful find. Era ora, per quanto adore il pesce e mia mamma gustasse la carne, dopo 2 giorni di dover andare a ristoranti si voleva, we were craving for, un opzione vegetale. In comes a wonderful bowl of zuppa di ceci, cosa megli di una calda e saporita (ok, un po' leggera) zuppa di ceci. The wonderful and very attentive waiter/owner added to the charm of the place, the wine option (we love our wine) was delicious too - in short, we were in 7 heaven.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sao Paulo, SP
“Freshly baked bread!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Great. Love the soup and the freshly baked bread. The price is not high it's very cozy and the staff is very friendly. Very good experience.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stopped in here one afternoon while in Venice. The atmosphere is quiet and charming, a nice retreat from the hustle and bustle of Venice. The owners are very friendly and we had a nice chat with them while deciding what to order. I had the chocolate pear cake and my husband had the apple cake, both were wonderful. The tea selection is quite good and we both enjoyed our pots of tea. I will definitely stop back in the next time I find myself in Venice.

• Visited December 2012