“Fabulous Tour of Venice with Luisella” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SeeVenice

SeeVenice
Giudecca, 30133 Venice, Italy (Giudecca)
+39 349 084 8303
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 103 Tours & Activities in Venice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: My name's Luisella Romeo and I am a registered tourist guide in Venice. I run SeeVenice and offer private and semi-private tours in Venice and to the islands in the Venetian lagoon such as Murano, Burano and Torcello. You can also book walking tours in the city, both orientation tours and itineraries along the off-the-beaten paths. Boat tours with private watertaxi along the canals and guided tours to all museums and churches are also included as well as to temporary art exhibitions.
Haworth, New Jersey
“Fabulous Tour of Venice with Luisella”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Luisella is the gem in the city of Venice. My family of 5 spent 3 hours on a private tour with Luisella in November 2013. We learned of the complete history of Venice in such a fun and interesting way. Her knowledge was truly outstanding. We were lucky enough to book her only about 3 days before we left because November is not a busy tourist season. Would recommend you book her as soon as you know you will be in Venice. You will fall in love with the city and Luisella. She is awesome!

Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“Excellent private tour of Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

After finding this as a top Tripadvisor recommendation I was dertmined that I wanted to do this tour while I was in Venice. I booked the tour many months in advance of my trip and Luisella was always in contact with me about the plans. Luisella called and confirmed my arrangements the night before the tour to ensure that I knew where to meet her and when we did meet it was like meeting an old friend!
Luisella has an infectious personality and is passionate and very knowledgeable about her home town of Venice. We ended up being a group of 5 which was perfect. We started with a private water taxi ride around the canals and then finished with a tour of the Doges Palace. A fantastic 3 hours in Venice!!

Visited October 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Brilliant afternoon in Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Luisella provided my wife and I a wonderful afternoon tour on our recent anniversary cruise. Her communication for the year before the tour (we booked early) was impeccable...she kept us posted with every adjustment that took place. The things we saw in 3 hours she could have spent 10 hours explaining to us, so vast is her knowledge of her lovely city. We would not hesitate to recommend her to others, and to use her again if we are fortunate enough for a return visit.

Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Definitive Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed the "Luisella Experience" for two, half-days while in Venice in early November. Although this was our second trip to Venice, it became apparent rather quickly that we learned virtually nothing during our first trip, as Luisella opened our eyes, ears and other senses to sites and experiences not readily visible to the average person. Luisella is far more than a tour guide; she is a historian, an art critic, a social commentator, a passionate and dedicated ambassador for the city of Venice, and a wonderfully delightful person. She animates the centuries of Venetian history and transports one back in time and she describes the historical evolution of Venice. Her impassioned and detailed descriptions of and history behind the art work adorning St. Marks Cathedral, the Doges Palace, the Frari church and other venues were insightful and unparalleled. Add to the foregoing that she is one of the most delightful indivduals one would have the opportunity to meet. Her English and ability to communicate are impeccable, and her descriptions and explanations are complete, precise and concise. Most of all, however, Luisella brings a passion to one's experience that is rarely experienced with guided tours. Her descriptions of works of art enabled us actually to feel the emotion that she believes the artist was conveying. Our sojourn through Dorsoduro gave us an insight into the day to day life in Venice that was truly enlightening and informative and something in which we were keenly interested and of which we were truly appreciative. Without doubt, my wife and I rate Luisella at the highest point on the scale (10+++) and cannot imagine another visit to Venice without calling upon her for companionship. She is the "real deal" and no tour of Venice can be the same unless it is directed by Luisella. Our sincerest thanks to Luisella for making our visit so eventful and memorable.

Mary Alice and Michael Colo

Arlington, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“What a wonderful, beautiful, historic city to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We had the opportunity to spend two wonderful days in the great city of Venice with a native of the area. Our tour guide was located through recommendations on TripAdvisor and it could not have been better. We contacted Luisella Romeo through www.seevenice.it and we communicated via email for several months to lay out exactly what we wanted to do and see. She met us at our cruise ship with a water taxi and we cruised the Grand Canal on a sunny fall day with just the driver, guide and the four of us. We had a wonderful half day with Luisella and met her again the next afternoon for another half day of walking the historic and winding streets of Venice. She took us to out of the way cafes, gellata vendors and mask makers and we had a wonderful time trying to keep up with the history of the city. If you want to truly enjoy Venice this is the way to do it.

Visited October 2013