“Insider tour excelled in everyway.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SeeVenice

SeeVenice
Giudecca, 30133 Venice, Italy (Giudecca)
+39 349 084 8303
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 104 Tours & Activities in Venice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: My name's Luisella Romeo and I am a registered tourist guide in Venice. I run SeeVenice and offer private and semi-private tours in Venice and to the islands in the Venetian lagoon such as Murano, Burano and Torcello. You can also book walking tours in the city, both orientation tours and itineraries along the off-the-beaten paths. Boat tours with private watertaxi along the canals and guided tours to all museums and churches are also included as well as to temporary art exhibitions.
Liskeard, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Insider tour excelled in everyway.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Luisella Romeo was an excellent guide, full of local knowledge, not only historical, but also the more everyday insider knowledge that made our trip such a success. Her recommendations for restaurants, patisserie and shopping was just spot on. She met the two of us at the hotel, was very freindly and her 5 hour tour went by in a flash. Highly recomended thank you Luisella, you made our trip!

Salt Lake City, Utah
6 attraction reviews
“Extraordinary art history lesson in Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

It was pouring rain on our one day in Venice. Luisella was fantastic. She knew all the dry spots to hover out in the streets and kept us moving in and out of beautiful places. I'll never forget the tour of the Friari Church. It was like having my own personal art history lesson. Plus, she was kind enough to get us to the train station and on our train back to the hotel on time. Kudos to this funny, kind, knowledgeable lady.

Visited February 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“The absolute best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I arranged to spend an entire day with Luisella, and asked to spend time with artists, artisans, and to be taken where I could photograph. I would NEVER have seen what I did without Luisella. What a wonderful guide. She radiates love for Venice, and her knowledge is encyclopedic. Most of all, she is an extremely warm person, who is just a delight to spend the day with. We were never hurried, yet we saw an incredible amount. Took breaks for coffee, or lunch, in wonderful places (one where she knew the mother of the manager was cooking). Would I do this again? ABSOLUTELY. In a hearbeat. WIll I tour with her again? ABSOLUTELY. Already planning ahead for it.

Visited January 2013
Columbia, MD
25 attraction reviews
“Book Luisella before Striking Out on Your Own!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I booked a three-hour block of time with Luisella Romeo on our first full day in Venice. Her overview of the city's history and its known and not-so-well-known attractions was invaluable to our blocking out the next five days activities in this wondrous town.

Luisella is witty, smart, catholic in her tastes and interests, funny, helpful, articulate, and vivacious. If only every other city in Europe had such an atavar of urban knowledge!

Visited February 2013
Canberra, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Stop Looking and Book”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were a family of five including two adults and three boys aged 13, 11 and 9 who booked a tour of the Doges Palace and the Grand Canal with Luisella. Both tours were great and Luisella was able to impart her knowledge and enthusiasm for Venice and its attractions to us and the boys. I recommend Luisella highly if you are seeking a private guide who knows and loves Venice, and enjoys imparting this to her clients.

Visited January 2013