“An exciting day trip.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 382 hotels in Venice
Coventry, United Kingdom
“An exciting day trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I travelled from Coventry to the Cipriani for a cocktail and lunch, and returned in a day. Had a fantastic time and thoroughly enjoyed the day. From the airport, I had a private launch to the Cipriani, which did go through the grand canal, and as it had been booked some time before, was expected and made very welcome when I arrived. As I was on my own I had one or two of the staff who constantly looked after me, and nothing was ay trouble for them. I settled for a couple of Bellini cocktails before lunch, which, as the sun was shining and the weather warm, was served on the terrace, I then moved to another terrace for my lunch, which I enjoyed very much . Unfortunately my time was limited, and all too soon I was heading back to the airport, by waterbus this time, to get my connection home. This was something I always wanted to do and I would recommend the experience to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
jumpsvenezia, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Cipriani, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would lke to thank you for the nice comments about your recent stay at the Cipriani.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with my team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. To enjoy the property for one day only is a great idea and I neve thought about this possibility.
Thank yuo for having done that and for inspiring us on a new way to rpopose our destination...

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I look forward to serving you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any help for your next "daily visit" .

385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stunning hotel in every way. We were upgraded to a suite which was lovely with hand-painted walls and beautiful antique furniture. The bathroom was fantastic in every way - luxurious towels, lots of toiletries, TV at head of bath (with jacuzzi) large power shower and separate toilet, bathrobes and slippers included. The grounds are beautiful, but sadly the weather on our visit did not allow us to make the most of the views, gardens, terraces or pool area. Breakfast in the main dining room was superb. Nothing to complain about at all, a remarkable hotel worthy of it's reputation.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. And i hope that next time you will have the opportunity to visit us during Spring or during Summer in order to full enjoy our facilities...

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I look forward to serving you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any help for your next reservation with us.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Visited Venice for the first time after a "gruelling" month studying in Florence. The decision to stretch to four nights at the Cipriani was one of the best ever. The hotel is everything other reviewers have highlighted - just simply magnificent. It is an oasis of luxurious calm just 10 minutes by private launch from the chaos of downtown Venice at the height of the summer. I had been advised to consider staying around the hotel pool and exotic gardens during the heat of the day (and the peak of tourist crowds in the Piazza San Marco) and then be delivered in comfort across to the main island in mid to late afternoon when the thinner crowds would add to the delights of this magical city. Excellent advice as it enabled me to appreciate just how good the Cipriani is - and I also took the opportunity of exploring in peace some of the neglected highlights of historic Giudecca Island. The Cipriani is expensive, but still good value for money. Service, food, room overlooking the lagoon, generally relaxed and friendly atmosphere - I can't think how any of them could be bettered. I hope to return!

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor looking over the dining terrace to the lagoon. It was large and ligh...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with my team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. The hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I really hope too that you will have the opportunity to come back..., please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any help for your next reservation with us.

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Have just returned from two night stay in the Cipriani. Absolutely fabulous in every way. Don't go there though if you worry about prices. 8euros50 for a small packet of Tyrells crisps in the mini bar! The huge bedroom we had couldn't be faulted, complete with terrace. The bathroom had a jacuzzi bath which was an added bonus. All the staff were friendly and efficient and the reception staff particularly so. The private launch shuttle service just adds to the general indulgence of the place and makes it extremely difficult for other hotels to reach the same level of service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
jumpsvenezia, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Cipriani, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would lke to thank you for the nice comments about your recent stay of two nights at the Cipriani.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. The hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Billericay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a start of our Orient Express holiday - the room had a garden view and his and hers bathrooms - fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff were friendly and welcoming. One of the best items was the exclusive boat shuttle to St Marks Sq. which picks you up from the hotel in avery stylish boat, and when you are ready to return, you just pick up the phone by the waters edge at St Marks Sq and the boat is there in a couple of minutes. A great start to a great holiday.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our Hotel Cipriani. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with my Team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and please do not hesitate to contact me personnally in order to organize your next stay with us in the future.

Oxfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed for two nights as a precursor to our trip on the Orient Express.
Welcome and service generally was excellent. The room was fantastic, with a stunning lagoon view. Enormous comfortable bed and the hotel location is an oasis of calm away from the crowds of Venice. The one disappointing thing was breakfast service. It was chaotic and dis-organised.
On our first day, drinks were being delivered to wrong tables. There seemed to be a shortage of cutlery, particularly spoons for the fruit (this was an issue on both days). Also on the first day a beautiful basket of various breads was supplied to the table, on the second day we had to get our own from the buffet. That said the quality of breakfast was first class. Bearing in mind how much we paid and that this is supposedly one of the top hotels in the world, the issues with service at Breakfast were a real let-down.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during the recent stay at our Hotel. I am sorry that your experience regarding the breakfast did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At the Cipriani we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that I am taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

I appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

A hotel perched on the edge of an island - yet close enough to boat trip to Venice and surroundings islands. Attention to detail is second to none. The hotel is perfectly managed and the service is polished to the extreme.
Our 25th wedding aniversary could not have made better. The restuarants are classic.
Expensive but well worth the money.
Each part of our journey was planned with precision - travelling in style on the private boat to and from San Marco was magical.
First class and the memories wont fade.

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our Property. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and please do not hesitate to contact me personnally if you want to organize in Venice your 26th wedding anniversary...I will be glad to help.

Giampaolo Ottazzi

Been to Belmond Hotel Cipriani? Share your experiences!