“out of this world spectacular!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% off suites
Ranked #23 of 382 hotels in Venice
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
“out of this world spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

one of the most memorable hotel stays of my life! Loved the complimentary motoscafo rides to the noisy mainland and then back to our serene, movie-scene like accommodations. Exceptional service. I'm writing down that I visited in 2012 but it was actually many years ago, but still is imbedded in my memory as a spectacular experience. Especially heartwarming because I treated my Mom to this trip, and now she is gone. The photo I took of her beaming face on the motoscafo trip from the hotel to St. Mark's Square was the one I used for her obit....that happy smile was how I want to remember her!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
jumpsvenezia, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Cipriani, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Madame,

I would like to thank you for your comments and the beautiful words you have used to describe your stay at the Cipriani.
I have been particularly touched by the fact that this trip was the last made together with your Mom and that you have used the picture taken on the boat for her obit.
I really would like to have a copy of this picture to keep in our gold book to remind her forever between our past and beloved Guests.
Thank you again for beeing our Guest and I really hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you soon again at the Cipriani.

409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Had two nights in the Cipriani as part of an Orient Express trip as a birthday gift from my better half. From the second we arrived we were so well looked after. Our room overlooking the pond with the turtles and the private landing dock was superb. Huge room, huge bed, huge bathroom and it appeared from the floor plan we had one of the smaller rooms on the floor. Staff in the bar were friendly and attentive. We did a walking tour of hidden venice organised via orient express, the cipriani private motor taxis dropped us of at st marks piaza. Perfect location to start getting off the normal tourist visit points.
Did eat in Cips one night and will do a separate review of that.
Fantastic couple of days in a superb hotel. Just don't focus on the price tags.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good or better. Go for one that isnt garden view if you want to see the lagoon etc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I love this place because it's not terribly grand - in fact, rather dated and dowdy with vacant unused spaces that they don't seem to know how to fill. But it's away from everything else in Venice and so worth its weight in gold. The restaurant is a joy - simple cooking where you can find something as basic as a pea soup or fish baked in salt. It's not at all pretentious and I felt relaxed here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
jumpsvenezia, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Cipriani, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
I appreciate very much your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cipriani. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback that I have already shared with my team.
I am glad that you have remarked the simply cooking of our restaurant, this is the feeling we want to offer our Guests, not too pretentious neither complicated or difficult to understand. Food must be simple, local and tasteful.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and in case of any future visit in Venice please do not hesitate to contact me directly, I will be pleased to contribute with my team to another unforgettable experience at the Cipriani....next time hopefully with more sun...

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

It is stating the obvious that The Cipriani is old school - the chintz is turned up to 11!

What makes it special is the location and the staff.

The location feels adventurous as the boat is needed to go into town. The island of Giudecca feels like Italy, especially on a quiet and very wet Easter weekend - old ladies nattering, people meeting for coffee, young families etc. Very different to San Marco and central Venice, which isn't particuarly nice in my view. You could also cocoon yourself at The Cipriani (and in summer I would imagine this is extremely tempting).

The staff are uniformly excellent - highly professional, charming and friendly. Probably the best I've come across. Everytime we popped out our room was tidied - we never really saw the cleaning staff and yet they wwere always on top of things - a sign of a very well run hotel.

They also provided wellies and umbrellas during the alta acqua - this made the walk to the restaurant (Corte Sconta - excellent) good fun on a very wet 'n' wild night. On booking the water taxi back they suggested we walk the last 10 minutes which saved €70 - a nice touch.

The food is good - albeit expensive. We had two lunches and both were delicious. Breakfast was old fashioned and plentiful.

Our room had an inter-connecting door and when next door smoked, this could be easily smelt in our room (these are rooms 108 and 109 in case this helps). Probably the only issue we faced and not something we or the hotel could do anything about.

The pool is great - heated saltwater. It was a joy to swim in the pouring rain - the contrast between the warm water and the cold drizzle was something I will remember for a long time.

The communal areas of the hotel are well maintained and remarkably good considering a great many of the fixtures and fittings are originals. There were areas of the carpets that were pretty knackered but that didn't bother us. We also had to keep on raiding the gym for water as not a lot was provided by the hotel.

The hotel also provided a double matress when I requested one and made the bookings at the local restaurants requested efficiently.

Just a brilliant experience.

Dear Guest,
I appreciate very much your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cirpiani. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I have already shared your comments with my team.
I am particularly glad that you have noted our staff professionalism and friendly manners. Every winter, before the opening of the Season, we organize trainings for all the staff to update and increase our level of service and quality.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in case you intend to come back to Venice. It will be a pleasure for myself and all my team to contribute for another good experience of staying at the Cipriani.
I look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Cipriani is the best hotel I have stayed in. The service was impeccable whilst friendly and relaxed and exceptionally welcoming. Breakfast was a feast, and the surroundings were beautiful? an oasis of calm after the pace ofVenice. Quite simply the perfect place for the perfect weekend.

Dear Guest,
I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Cipriani. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback that I have already shared with my team.
Thank you for sharing your experience and I look forward to welcoming you soon again for another "Perfect Weekend".

Linslade
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our 'retirement' present to each other was a trip on the Orient Express, culminating in two nights at the unashamed luxury that is this exclusive hotel. Weather wise, it was a very wet weekend; St Marks Square was flooded, walkways were everywhere but the private motor launch just kept on running, shuttling back and forth until the small hours (we were told!).

So, they have this HUGE outdoor swimming pool, kept at 30 degrees C, and despite the rain, I was determined to use it! If the expression 'Mad dogs and Englishmen' was your thought, I have to correct you; that is the midday sun, not a very wet Saturday afternoon. The only song that came to mind was Singing in the rain, suitably amended for the purpose, hence the title of my review! Yes, I was the only one indulging, but I did get a round of applause from both bar staff and customers as I climbed out!

As to the facilities in this five star palace, I cannot fault them. Our room had a jaccuzzi; two televisions (one facing the bed, the other round the corner adjacent to the bar) and a huge balcony overlooking the pool.

We dined in Cips' club (see separate review); had breakfast in the Fortuny restaurant on our first morning and in the bedroom on the second.

I cannot fault it; ambience, indulgence, sophistication.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for chosing our Hotel Cipriani to celebrate your "retirement" .
I really appreciate your comments regarding your stay, it is always a great pleasure for me to receive positive feedback and offer our Guests the best experience, especially when they have something important to celebrate.
Despite the wet weather and the high tide, very unusual for this period of the Season, you have enjoyed Venice and the Cipriani. We have kept the temperature of our swimming pool high, because we knew that some very brave english gentleman could use it for the enjoyement of our bar staff and other customers.
Thank you very much again for sharing your experience and please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you decide to come back to visit us. It will be a great pleasure to welcome you again at the Cipriani with hopefully some more sun...

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

In a few days the Hotel Cipriani will open its doors for the most discerning of Venetian visitors and aficionados of subliminal hotel life. My favourite time to visit Venice is May, before the heaving crowds descend. However, this hotel is a haven whatever time of year-one can dip into the hurly burly of sightseeing, shopping, walking, dining and people watching and then retreat to the gentle pace of Cipriani life and regroup with a Bellini by the pool. Speaking of pools-in case you have not had the privilege, the Cip pool is one of the top ten hotel pools I the world. I cannot wait to dive in.

Room Tip: My favourite is a junior suite poolside-this is perfect for hanging out. Or choose one with a view o...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Belmond Hotel Cipriani? Share your experiences!