First off, Hotel Danieli is a historic hotel, and a 5 minute walk away from the main attraction, St Mark's Square. The rooms are beautiful and the front desk staff is extremely friendly. Everyone there speaks english, and it is a very romantic hotel. If you are staying at the hotel, you need to visit the terrace at least once. The view is fantastic and is something that must be experienced. The staff tried to turn us away for breakfast because they had not finished setting up the terrace. Since we had an early train ride to Florence, we were insistent that we be seated on the terrace and we were. Unfortunately, they were not very happy with us so they gave us glares throughout our breakfast and provided us with minimal service. It is very overpriced, but everything in Venice is overpriced.
My worst gripe with this hotel is the concierge staff. One would think that concierge's main responsibilities is to help the guest. But no, the concierges at this hotel acts like each question is bothersome and are extremely rude. During my stay, there was a public transportation strike that shut down the waterbus system. The night before the strike, I asked the concierge about using the waterbus system to reach the train terminal. He was not very helpful and only gave me short answers to my questions. Then the next morning, I find out there is a strike when I tried to buy tickets at the terminal. When I asked the concierge on duty for assistance, I was told my only options were to walk or to take a water taxi. Again, a short and rude answer. He pretty much dismissed me after I asked him how much was a watertaxi to the train station. After reaching the train station via a fifteen minute 65 euro watertaxi ride, I find out that certain lines were still running. I'm pretty sure they receive some sort of kickback from the taxi company.
- Historic hotel
- Room was very nice
- Front desk staff really friendly
- Great view at the restaurant terrace
- Dirty robe (lipstick marks & hair)
- Rude concierge staff
- Hit or miss with restaurant staff
- Really late & minimal turndown service
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, sophistication, and timeless elegance combined with contemporary comfort. This is what to expect when you choose to stay at Hotel Danieli. Evoking the opulence for which Venice is known, you’ll find us right next to Piazza San Marco, placing the masterpieces of Venetian art at your doorstep. Accompanying you home long after your visit are the magnificent panoramas from Restaurant Terrazza Danieli, exceptionally matched with flavours extending from Venice's lagoon to the Far East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Danieli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.