“See Venice through different glasses!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Row Venice

Row Venice
30121 Venice, Italy (Cannaregio)
+39 347 725 0637
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Learn to row like a Venetian-standing, facing forward, just like the gondoliers-in a beautiful, traditional Venetian all-wood gondolina batella coda di gambero. See Venice from a unique, authentic perspective in this unique outing: you can't row Venice if you haven't rowed Venice.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hampshire
“See Venice through different glasses!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We learned more about Venice in this hour and a half than we did from any guide book.
Anna, our instructor told us many lovely stories of her childhood in Venice spent rowing on the canals and how she passed this tradition onto her own children.
This lesson will show you another side of Venice, the real Venice.
Interesting, informative and well worth the money, good luck and happy rowing.

• Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Barcelona, Spain
30 attraction reviews
“Best thing in Venice involving a Gondola!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

If you are considering takin a ride in a gondola, you should definetely try this! It is so much more interesting, interactive and wonderful than sitting down in a gondola being rowed around like in the touristic cliché. A unique experience that I bumped into thanks to Tripadvisor, and still thankful for it! :)

Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“A wonderful way to learn about Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Cichetto Row tour with Row Venice is pricey but well worth it. Row Venice is a not for profit organization that promotes rowing on traditional wooden Venetian boats: they offer lessons and Cichetto Row tours in the evening for tourists who want to experience Venice in a more active way(in addition to community programs). We could not have wished for a better person to introduce us to the art of rowing on Venice canals: Anna was very warm and funny and had stashed a little vino and delicacies in her boat. After a short lesson we were off and ended up rowing on the Grand Canal at dusk, on a warm clear spring day! Anna gave us all sorts of tips, and sang Italian songs to keep the rythm. After all that effort we stopped at a couple of places for more wine and little "tapas" like dishes. The second place a bit away from the Grand canal was better and quieter than the first one just a stone throw away from the Rialto bridge, but the one on the Grand canal had unbeatable views on palaces, the moon, the bridge etc. Anna had bought traditional fish cooked in milk and spread over bread (delicious!) for us as well as traditional carnival pastries (very good too) to supplement what we found at the little eating places. It felt we had found friends and the secret for a happy life!

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Something different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Was booked this activity as part of a birthday weekend as my husband didn't want to do the "standard" row around the channels. Really enjoyed rowing our own gonadal around some of the quiet channels in the North of the city. Our host was very friendly and a really good teacher so within an hour we had got our technique sorted would definitely recommend to anyone willing to do a bit of exercise

London, United Kingdom
“The very best thing to do in Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've been having a great time going back and forth to Venice for around 35 years (gulp!). I've had some truly excellent times in the city. But my time with Row Venice is now easily at the top of my Venice-fun list! As soon as I finished my booked lesson - I wanted to go again. And those lovely Row Venice ladies organised exactly that for me. The only thing better than my first lesson was my second. I got some proper cross-lagoon rowing done - with a small stop to row in circles so I could have my photo taken with a beautiful Venetian sunset as the backdrop. If you have time for two lessons - I'd really recommend it. Thankyou Row Venice!