“Looking for excellent food in Venice, at affordable prices?” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Antwerp
“Looking for excellent food in Venice, at affordable prices?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Looking for excellent food in Venice, at affordable prices? Impossible? Not so in Venice Restaurant Impronta Cafe. A very professional cafe-restaurant, ready for coffee, breakfast, aperitif, lunch, tea-time, dinner, you name it. The quality of food and drinks is outstanding, and prices reasonable. Service is very professional, polite and friendly.
It is located in a narrow but busy alley (or how do you call the “streets” in Venice?). On walking distance from the Piazzale Roma (at most 15 minutes walking if you know the itinerary). Not the most romantic place, but very typical. The place is frequented by as well knowledgeable tourist as locals. We will definitely return, and again and again!

• Visited September 2013

91% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Castlegar, Canada
“Tasty food and a great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We ate dinner here twice during our stay in Venice. It's different than most of the typical italian restaurants with it's hip, trendy atmosphere. Both meals we had were simple and absolutely delicious. Prices were reasonable. The second night the service was slow probably because they were so busy, but that wouldn't stop me from going back. The only downside to this place is there is no outdoor seating. Definitely recommend eating here during your stay in Venice!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Insatiable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

While in Venice I took the liberty of searching out this place to celebrate a one year anniversary with my partner. I've been to Venice before & I thought I knew it well, but oh how wrong I was. Make sure you have GPS on when searching for this place. I speak fluent Italian & got multiple directions from three people plus the concierge at our hotel and I still got confused in the little alleyways and bridges that needed to be crossed. Our reservation was for 10:30pm, but after searching aimlessly in the wrong alleyways after one hour I was about to give up as the roads had no traffic to ask anyone else and the eery silence except for a few footsteps causing us sheer paranoia thinking we were being followed. Venice can be quite claustrophobic. I called the restaurant to explain how close but oh so far away we were. I walked from the direction of San-Marco with a lady in heels. It was not the most ideal plan. Turns out we were 80m away the whole time, we just had lots of building in the way. Having finally found the place close to 11:20pm, the waitress and chef only greeted us with smiles even though there was only one other couple in the restaurant because it was so late. The service at this late hour was outstanding and the food even better. It was truly gourmet but unique. We had 3 courses each, I had the broiled pig while my partner had the Rabbit for the main. I could not get over the price we paid for everything, it was so cheap. We left a big tip because I literally felt like we cheated them out of business because of the price for everything - 70eu. Also the staff helped my partner select a wine based on what she might like, it truly was a very personal and skilled staff. I cannot wait to return.

• Visited March 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Not easy to find but go look for it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

First off, the balsamic vinegar here is superb! It does not have the acidity present in other balsamic vinegar and it just tastes smooth. Bread selection before meal is also good.
We arrived early at 1130 and the kitchen was still getting ready, but the servers were nice enough to offer us our seats already and bread. Official lunch time is much closer to 12 pm.
Once the food came, it was worth the wait.
The orange potato gnocchi with duck ragu is so subtly fragrant. With each bite you take, you just want to nibble on it slowly and gently till the aroma fills your mouth and senses.
The ricotta cheese ravioli is soft and delicate.
Fish of the day was so so and we wouldn't try this again. It is good but it just under performs in comparison with the other dishes.

This is a great restaurant with a nice clean atmosphere to it. Even though we went through a garbage collector going down Dorsoduro on our way there to lunch, it was definitely worth the walk. The whole street reeked but it was a great welcome walking into this dressed down cafe.
On another note, their washroom is in bad need of cleaning when we were there. Toilet paper was scattered all over the floor.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Good Food, Good Service, Modern Style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We went in a wednesday evening at 8 pm and were seated in 2 minutes even though we didn't have a reservation. I think this was luck in our part as the place was very busy.

First impressions were that it was decorated in a modern and contemporary style and that there was a nice buzzing atmosphere inside. Think wagamamas type atmosphere but without the sharing tables.

We ordered starters and a primi platte all of which were lovely, not outstanding, but still very nice.

The staff were attentive without being intrusive and we were haopy to pay the service charge.

This place offers good value for money (in Venice) and was a breath of fresh air in terms of appearance. I would definitely go again

Visited August 2013