“Venice - Marchini Time - I could have eaten the whole place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dessert
Gateshead, England
“Venice - Marchini Time - I could have eaten the whole place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

What more can I say other than you have to pop in here and taste their cakes. It is just off the square and offers some truly wonderful delights. Our friends popped in and we followed and they treated us to some of the wares. I don't know what I got, some form of fruit and cream based biscuit type base but wow. Where was the full box. Now I have a very sweet tooth and staring at what was on offer was mesmerising. It took my wife about ten minutes to drag me away. I would have been happy to spend all of our Venice money in this place but thankfully my wife was there to stop me. Pop in and try one or two. Then you can pop in again for others when you pass. I loved this place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Hasselt, Belgium
“Just fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Not sure if this is the best place for a coffee (Venice is a big labyrinth and there may be other hidden gems) but it is for sure one of the better places. Excellent coffees, perfectly brewed and served with style. Tried the ristretto, espresso, dopio, americano and cappuccino. Only the latter could do with a tiny more coffee. Pastries of high quality. Great atmospher for breakfast, fast lunch or 4h coffee break with some sweets. High ranking in my list of visited coffee bars!!!

• Visited October 2013
“Great Coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this place on our first day in Venice & returned everyday after that. It was always very busy, but we never had to wait long to have our order taken, nor to receive it. The coffee is fantastic & so cheap! 2 of us had a (light) lunch there including coffee for just over 8 euros & it was delicious. Highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Cheap with excellent cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

One of the best places we found in Venice, small cakes are €1.50 each and coffee from €1.00.
No seating.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Very good cafe / cake shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Loved this shop as did my son who enjoyed several of their chocolate heart biscuits. Cakes are lovely as is the smell of coffee in the shop. Staff are very friendly. Fresh orange juice is very refreshing. Please go here if you are in venice

• Visited August 2013