“For Opera Virgins” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Musica A Palazzo

Musica A Palazzo
San Marco 2504 | Palazzo Barbarigo Minotto, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)
+39 340 9717272
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 126 Activities in Venice
Type: Operas, Performances
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Accessible Opera, as though it was in your sitting room, but its a palace in Venice. Stunningly personal. Fun fun fun with 3 light and easy Operas to choose, 7 nights a week. It will make so many people's trip to Venice even more memorable.
Perth, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“For Opera Virgins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

After one month in Europe I convinced my husband and 12 year old daughter to indulge me in one night of music. They both enjoyed the amazing performance of The Barber of Seville as much as I did. Fast, funny and fabulous. Sung in Italian but easy to follow the story. Intimate setting in a Palazzo. So close to the singers and musicians you would tremble as the singers struck their high notes. Worth the price alone to see my daughters face light up. Highly recommended(get a good map and visit to address before you go as you will not be let in if running late and it is hard to find)
Drinks served overlooking Grand Canal during intermission.

• Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“A Unique Venice Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Opera in a palazzo on the Grand Canal! We saw the Barber of Seville, and the performers looked like they were having as much fun as the audience. The opera is performed in three different rooms in the Palazzo, which makes the evening go quickly even if you are not a huge opera fan. My only recommendation is to wear light clothes in summer, since with many people in the room it is hard for the air conditioning to keep everything cool!

Miami, FL
“Great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I attended while in Venice and both had a great time. This was my first opera experience and I am not an opera guy at all, but I did enjoy the show. The staging was very cool and very intimate. Our show was a little over an hour and half long, which was just right for me. I would recommend this to anyone in town looking for a fun experience!

Amherst, MA
5 attraction reviews
“Not to be missed - which you might if you aren't sure where it is.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was an awesome experience for my husband and 22 year-old non-opera-type daughter alike - La Traviata - the singing was terrific, especially the soprano, the setting was breathtaking, and the staging so intimate I actually touched the soprano's hand as she walked by me. Unfortunately, our other 2 would-be guests missed the performance because they (two 18 year olds) got completely lost trying to find the address. Our hostess very graciously kept the downstairs door unlocked throughout the first act in case they were able to find their way, but alas, we emerged from the building after the show to find very tearful, frustrated young ladies waiting for us outside - somebody locked the door at some point as the performance was upstairs and they don't want intruders finding their way inside. So scope out the way there before hand but do yourselves a favor and GO!

Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
30 attraction reviews
“A Must in Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The only problem with this place is that they don't advertise enough! Even if you are not a fan of plays or operas you still must visit the shows at Musica a Palazzo. We saw Rigoletto by Verdi and it was beyond our expectations. The entire opera is staged in a very intimate and private setting. The acting was spectacular, and singing superb. The audience feels like they are part of the show as actors walk in between audience and chairs while performing.

This was our favorite experience in Venice, and probably one of the most memorable in many trips we took to Europe.

Do reserve, there are very limited spaces available.

Visited June 2013