“Good but not the best in Italy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Boutique del Gelato

La Boutique del Gelato
Salizzada S. Lio 5727, Venice, Italy (Castello)
Website
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: Telephone: 041 5223283
Chicago, IL
“Good but not the best in Italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Perhaps I don't like figs as much as I thought but I wasn't wowed by the fig. We also saw tons of fig gelato in Rome so perhaps it is not as rare as one would think. However we loved the cherry flavor. It was a good spot but not the most amazing. But how can one really go wrong with gelato.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars

Hong Kong
“Great Fig Gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Not very often to come across fig flavored gelato and it was absolutely delicious. The coconut flavor was good as well. Definitely worth a try.

• Visited October 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Disappointed experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was my first gelato tasting in Venice which was rated good in tripadvisor.
Nothing special in variety. I believe the server can be nicer if customer can speak Italian, but unfortunately I'm not. I picked 2 scoops in a cone - yogurt & tiramisu which costs Euro 2.5 . By the time she passed the cone to me it was melting so I have to finish within 10 min.
I expected to have gelato freshly made daily but it tasted artificial so I don't think the ingredients are fresh.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Istanbul, Turkey
“THE BEST ICECREAM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Ofcourse i am not a gourmet and it is impposible for me to stop and taste every gelateria in Venice. But i have a taste of quality, and for me this place is one of the bests in Italy. I can not forget the taste of the combo i had; vanilla, melon and lemon. They were all super tasty. And it was indeed too chear; 3 scoops 2,5 €. Here the icecream is a bit creamy than normal, so it is better to sit down somewhere and enjoy it until the first drop. However unlike the icecream quality, the person behind the counter was very cold and unfriendly.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Sendai, Japan
“The best gelato in Venice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I loved the Straciatella and Chocolate combo. And cheap, too! My wife liked the lemonade slushies. We made almost daily visits to La Boutique.

Visited August 2012