“Birthday weekend away” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Birthday weekend away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. Their attention to detail and welcoming nature was exemplary.

On arrival we were upgraded to a suite which was not only very nice but it was also very peaceful as the room was away from the little canals, where they tend to be nosier in the mornings.

It was both of our birthdays the following day and a very friendly and welcoming waitress gave us each a glass of bubbles at breakfast. It was much to our surprise as we had not mentioned it was our birthdays, so they must have seen this on our passports when we arrived at the hotel. We then had a lovely day exploring Venice, to come back to a complimentary bottle of bubbles in our room to continue our birthday celebrations. Touches like this made the whole experience very special. The staff were also very helpful, professional and made our experience thoroughly enjoyable, nothing was too much for them. The breakfast at the hotel was excellent and there is a large range of choice of delicious food that will set you up for the day.

I would definitely recommend this hotel as well as the beautiful city of Venice.

Shaun and Victoria

Room Tip: We had a room away from the canal and we didn't hear a thing but we have heard some rooms on the...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Polish first
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed for 3 nights during the Venice carnival. Lovely room, impeccable service and a brilliant position within a short walk of all the main attractions. Our room looked over the back alleys and although only on the first floor it was incredibly quiet. Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of options. A perfect stay in Venice and we would certainly return.

Room Tip: Visitors with rooms overlooking the canal have complained about the noise, but our room overlooking...
Cornwall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I stayed here during a trip to celebrate our two year anniversary during January 2013. As a young women, I literally felt like I was in a fairy-tale. It was simply stunning and the rooms were so luxurious. Our room, 105 was huge and the bathroom was beautiful. The whole place was immaculate and breakfast each morning was delicious with plenty to choose from. The location of the hotel was breath taking and I felt like I had to pinch my self because it truly felt like a dream! The staff were so friendly and helpful everyday when we asked for help with directions. Would love to re visit again one day.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Broxbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited this hotel for 4 nights to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary in July 2014.

We enjoyed the location being away from St Marks and the Rialto bridge, but still close enough to walk there in about 5 minutes.

Walking in the opposite direction to rialto you find yourself in a wonderful district (cannot remember the name of it but it was close to the church called Santa Maria Dei Miracoli and the hospital). The area was so beautiful and full of locals, their houses on the canals, full of wonderful bright flowers on the balconies spilling out onto the walls. We loved sitting at a cafe with a coffee each morning.

The hotel itself was perfect, old and full of charm but decorated in sensual dark colours.

The only downside was the location of a room which was on the canal (beautiful view) however the rubbish collectors park their canal directly below the room and this woke us up at the crack of dawn each morning. They collect the neighbourhoods refuse and bring it to this point so they are there for hours until they are finished :-(

I would stay here again but would request a room away from this point to avoid the early wake up calls.

The staff on reception were helpful and informative and pointed us in the direction of a local point of interest which was the church (Santa Maria Dei Miracoli) and this was a real find. We then by chance stumbled upon it just at the hour that we were married 10 years earlier. Beautiful and very special.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Magical hotel in the heart of the alleys, near any location and position, romantic and relaxed atmosphere.
The building authentic, yet fresh rooms, clean and preserve the period without damaging comfortably hosted.
Large and spacious rooms, the hotel staff is very kind and want to help with any problem or request.
European-style breakfast is very good and filling.
Anyone who is interested to come and leave the hotel in maximum comfort- the hotel takes care of transporting the guest From Ht to the hotel by taxi and a combination of motor boat (of course an additional fee).
In my next visit in Venice-i will gladIy return to this hotel

Room Tip: Those who want a room with a view of the canal-i'ts nice but have to endure the noise early in t...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my second trip to Venice and my second stay at Aqua Palace. Firstly, all of the staff were the same as last time, so clearly an establishment that keeps good people. The hotel is a beautiful balance between traditional Venetian and contemporary decor. Beautifully furnished and decorated in burnished antique gold with details such as rope edging around wallpaper perimeter. Bathrooms are luxury marble with high end fittings. The setting of the hotel is central to Rialto and San Marco yet very quiet and situated in a little fairytale spit without graffiti and such.

On my arrival I enquired whether my booking afforded me a canal view, but sadly the canal views were booked. On seeing my disappointment the kind man at reception moved things around and gave me room 104 which has no less than three huge windows, the best of which opens onto what has to be the prettiest view in venice. No, not the grand canal or shows topping buildings, but a series of little filigree bridges over the green canal overlooked by charming saffron coloured buildings. The canal is frequented by gondolas which you can watch out of the window drinking a cappacino should you wish....ask the wonderful Sylvia to make you her 'special coffee'.

The hotel staff are wonderful. The concierge / porter is kind and obliging and told me my room was his favourite on the way up. I really get the feeling that staff at every level take enormous pride in their respective roles and the hotel itself which is beautifully and discretely maintained.

And Sylvia...you have to meet Sylvia who takes care of the lovely breakfast buffet. All beautifully and artfully prepared with true care. She cares for the needs of every resident she comes in contact with and really tops off the hotel experience. Never is a drink of any description brought to you by anybody without some sort of accompaniment. Silver plate and snowy China. Bed turned down and shutters closed to keep out the cold weather- speaking of which the guys lent me wellies for the Aqua alta which I was excited to experience on my visit. And talk about attention to detail....the porter (I wish I had both his and the receptionists names) took my own shoes back to my room for me and I swear. He measured them for alignment on the floor!

If detail matters to you as me, there is nowhere better place to stay in venice. Thank you guys once more. Julie Moseley

Room Tip: See above for my experience
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were visiting with some US friends who had never been to Venice, so we wanted it to be good. There were 3 couples, and we all had corner rooms, overlooking the canal. Could not have been nicer. Big rooms, very cosy, great room service - hot water for tea in china cups. They organised a free vaporetta to Murano (Ok, so they dropped us at a glass factory, but well worth it!) and the fact that you could walk out of the front door into a boat was perfect. If you do go and are flying in, ask the hotel to arrange a transfer from the airport - we didn't, and were conned by an airport water taxi saying the tide was too high to get to the hotel, when the truth was they couldn't eb bothered to risk the congestion in the slower canals. They dropped us at the Rialto and we had to walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite overlooking the canal. 1st floor has Juliet balcony, 2nd and 3rd slightly bet...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Aqua Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!