“A great hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aqua Palace Hotel

You added Aqua Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Aqua Palace Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle de la Malvasia 5492/a, 30122 Venice, Italy (Castello)   |
Special Price
€10 off room rate
Ranked #37 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Teddington, United Kingdom
“A great hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed for three nights in this great little independent hotel. The service was excellent, the rooms comfortable and a terrific breakfast. Very easy access half way between San Marco and Rialto. e aware that you have to pay four euros per person per night as a local tax. Personally, we were happy to pay as long as the money is used wisely by the local authorities for the conservation of this wonderful city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Nothing much to add to all the other reviews. It is a lovely hotel. Great location. Wonderful breakfast. Nice rooms. Good service. If we come back to Venice, we will stay here. You couldn't ask for more from a hotelhotel in Venice.

Llanrwst, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We arrived at the Aqua palace by boat transfer for a 3 day break. We were greeted well by reception and upgraded to a suite. The layout of the suite wasn't that great so we did'nt really use the lounge area but that's just the layout of an old building I suppose and it was a nice thought to upgrade us.
Everything was very clean & tidy and the room service was excellent. Breakfast was served on the groundfloor and had a very nice selection.The blood orange juice was excellent as was the granola. There was a wide vareity of croissants, toast, hot food and some lovely cakes. The service was efficent & friendly. The general decor and condition of the hotel is very good.
The hotel is well located and has a very easy going relaxed feel to it. A very pleasurable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank RichieLloyd66
cotswolds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked this hotel after reading the other reviews, so knew about the busy back canal and the mooring points to service the sounding area. The Hotel arranged a Private Transfer from the Airport which started my Birthday weekend off in style. When we arrived it felt so special alighting from the canal, into a lovely reception area. On check in they advised us they had upgraded us from a Junior Suite to a full Suite Room 201, A large sitting room, then a corridor into the Huge Bedroom, off the corridor was the wardrobes, mini bar and safe and the very spacious marble bathroom, this was at the rear of the hotel so lovely and quiet. The next morning was my birthday, and as we sat down from breakfast (Plenty of good choice of food, and if something is not there please ask because they are very accomodating) the lovely friendly and very helpful waitress brought out Fizz and strawberries on ice, a lovely start to my special day. The rest of the stay was to the same high standard, we also liked the fact this hotel is so central, and its so easy to find your way every where from this point, the reception staff were also very helpful, they gave us excellent choices of restaurants for dinner, (I prefer the orginal style venitian restaurants). The only bad thing I could say was we had to come Home, and back to work!
I would recomend this lovely hotel to every one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lmg1358
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights late Feb and found the hotel to be exactly as described in every way. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel so welcome. Our room, (301) was the room that had made me book the hotel and didn't disappoint. Very spacious sitting room with tv, corridor between that and the bedroom with huge wardrobe (aswell as the one in the sitting room) and good size bedroom with tv and large bathroom, with double sinks and big bath. My only gripe about the room would be it's lack of tea & coffee making facilities.
The hotel is very boutique and very opulently decorated, fabrics on the walls etc. It had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.
Position wise it's perfect as it's in a fairly quiet location but midway between St Marks Sq and the Rialtto which I found really handy for our exploring. Our room didn't overlook the canal which I was quite glad about as the "binman" comes each morning on his barge and could be quite noisy, whereas we looked out onto a small square. Not much of a view but nice and quiet.
Breakfast was continental but plentiful, with the usual pastries, cheeses, meats, cereals and fruit.
I also thought room service was reasonably priced, if limited.
The staff we met all, without exception, bent over backwards to ensure you had a perfect stay and I would wholeheartedly recommend this place and I would say it was worth the price.

Hints & tips - I made the foolish mistake of pre-booking our gondola ride DON'T. I know it's probably because it's low season and I'm sure the same wouldn't apply in the summer or school hols, but they were ruthlessly negotiating. I paid 60 Euro's via Thomas Cook and in fairness was warned we may have to share the boat. I wasn't expecting there to be 6 people and for me to sit on a tiny wooden stool whilst my husband was expected to sit on a tine wooden plank. For 35 minutes!!!! We picked out gondola up opposite the Hotel Danieli and they were absolutely lovely. They said that for 70 Euro's we could have had our own ride with a bottle of Prosecco. Whilst walking round I also heard Gondaliers offering 40 minute rides for 50 Euro's, so go haggle.

Make sure you go to one of the recitals that are on in various places, a lot of them are Vivaldi, they're magical and well worth the ticket price.

Don't bother with the Hidden Venice & Ghost Tour, lovely lady but she kept going off on random tangents and it wasn't very interesting.

Make a stop at Da Mamo for something to eat, it's delicious.

Lastly we were told prior to going that a private water taxi would be around 180 Euro's each way. You can get them for 110, so again haggle.

Room Tip: We had Suite 301, not a great view but nice and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CheshireCat1471
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Absolutely loved this place.... will go back in a heart beat.

What we loved about this place were:
* Location: centrally located to major sites, yet quiet and not busy as the hotel is located in a smaller alley away from traffic
* Decor: Beautifully designed, everything from the lobby, up the lifts, through the corridors and the rooms were decorated Venetian style.
* Rooms were very large and comfortable
* Staff at the desk were very friendly, helpful and professional
* Breakfast was pleasant, nice, and service was impeccable
* I believed this hotel is well priced, and you get what you pay for
* Boutique style hotel, more attention to guests

We stayed for three days and truly enjoyed this place, we really did not want to leave and have promised to come back.

I have been thinking about what to fault this hotel and there is nothing I can think of, would urge people who are looking for a nice quiet hotel in Venice to consider this one!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

While in Venice, a friend and I stayed at the Aqua Palace. I've not one complaint about the hotel, the room, staff or food, but will say it was a touch pricey.

I'd recommend the hotel to all bcs of its location. The rooms will not dissappoint you (bathrooms are wonderfully appointed), and the views are spectacular.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends