“Run away!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #583 of 1,197 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Tipical local osteria run by young minded guys. Turists can find a place where to chill out close to the locals or have a meeting or a romantic place for eating close to the channel and having a good glass of wine. Local cusine and good wines, tasty home made cakes, fish and sea food, cheeses and hams selection, nice mix salads and more! Buon appetito!!!
London, United Kingdom
“Run away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

One of my friend who lives in Italy and knows Venice well recommended that place; I have myself lived in Italy and had the opportunity to eat in a lot of places... This has to be one of the worst!!! I believe the owners changed... Don't get fooled by the website... The new owners are still using it and are using the he fame of the previous place!

Food Menu: no Venetian specialities, but instead the usual selection of basic Italian dishes: caprese, lasagne, amatriciana, scallopina, .... Nothing expectionnal.
Food quality: tasteless mozzarella, defrosted prawns, dried basil out of the pot.... The lasagne looked the same as a Tesco value microwave pack.... (Not that I ever had one)
Wine menu: each bottle is around €24 which is very expensive in Italy, even for Venice. No indication of the maker or the grapes or the actual wine name, but instead we can find Soave, Chianti, Dolcetto....
Service: rude rude rude !! Made comments even though the guy knew I spoke Italian.... Was not happy with my €0.5 tip (which I left on purpose to make him understand I did not like the place) but rushed to get it anyway while we were still at the table..

The only good thing is the nice and quiet location street away from the main streets

Avoid at all cost!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Thai first
New York
“Avoid Like The Plague”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This place must have had a change of ownership or management recently, because there is no possible way that people could rate the food here four stars now. It was absolutely terrible. We have been traveling Italy for a few months, and this was by far the worst meal we've had here. It was rubbery pasta heated up in a microwave, followed by barely edible chicken. The pasta was of equivalent quality to kraft macaroni and cheese. If you're forced to go here for some reason, your best bet is to stick to things that don't require them to be cooked, like cold cuts and cheese or salad.

On the plus side, the decor was quaint, and the wine was good, and the waiters were very nice. But the food was SO bad, that it far outweighed any of the pluses.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Average meal - average price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We went here as it was conveniently located near our hotel and we were exhausted. Nothing special to note. The lady making food seemed to do a lot of it in the microwave, which is always interesting... If you have the time and resources to find another place for dinner, I would.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“A new dish....Chicken incinerato!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

There are many reasons why my wife would never visit this restaurant again, but the main one is the attitude of the staff, closely followed by the food, which was not only poor in quality but badly cooked. I myself can bear a bad attitude from the people serving me but a restaurant's main occupation is to serve edible food and this one failed. Unforgivably it also failed to remedy it when asked to do so, and in an arrogant and brazened manner.

From one of the replies that accompanies one of the revues, this restaurant excuses itself from over charging for a glass of water by saying it isn't a tourist restaurant and the reviewer should buy a map. My reply would be therefore, not to actively invite tourists in, and get yourself a chef! Venice probably makes most of its money from tourists and treating them shabbily, and in this instance rudely, is guaranteed to foster bad reviews.

My wife and her small party were encouraged to sit down by a brace of waiters who were at first jolly and polite, but as soon as they were seated, their attitudes changed. Throughout the meal they watched the party, pulling disapproving faces at whatever they did, and were less than helpful with the initial order of bread, oil and vinegar. When they were asked for three small plates for this, the answer was curt 'No'? The plates did eventually arrive with the salad. Later the meat course arrived. Little did the waiters know that both my wife and her companion were teachers and were quite capable of understanding what they said. My wife's chicken was clearly over done and can only be described as cooked to the point of incineration leaving no edible meat just skin fused to the bones. This was also the poorest cut of chicken from the front of the carcass which was barely a complete wing accompanied by a yellow, poorly looking sliver of sinew clinging the partial skeleton.

My wife's friend, who is a language teacher, quite rightly brought this to the attention of the waiter, who had clearly seen that my wife was unhappy as soon as it was delivered. The waiters response to this situation was 'So? Its chicken isn't it?'. Her companion was told to 'Hush up' and 'be peaceful' in Italian when she complained. They were unaware at this point that their abusive language was clearly understood and when they realised they ceased to engage. The bill was reduced very slightly by only a few Euros, and no effort was made to placate the party in any way.

I am surprised that any Chef would allow such a meal to leave their kitchen. My wife, who visits Venice every year with a large party of students, is often on the look out for places for her party to eat in. Venice is a beautiful city with many fine restaurants. For her, and her colleagues, this is not one of them.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
lONDON
“dreadful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stopped here for lunch having been invited in warmly by two staff members standing outside. As soon as we sat down, the mood seemed to change. We had a simple lunch on the pavement terrace during which we were watched like a hawk by the waiter. Most disconcerting!
Worse was to come. My friend's chicken was dried out and looked dubious to say the least. However, as it had no meat on it whatsoever, she did not have to worry about eating it...My veal was best described as slimey and devoid of any taste whatsoever.
When we pointed out the deficiencies of the chicken to the above mentioned waiter, he shrugged and said 'well, it's chicken isn't it'. We asked for a reduction on the bill and he told us to chill out!! Unbelievable rudeness. Sadly for him, our Italian was adequate to understand and respond.
Never ever go to this ghastly place. There are lots of nicer places in Venice where the staff are not downright nasty to you

• Visited July 2013