“Loved it!! A must see!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Teatro San Gallo

Teatro San Gallo
Campo Rusolo o San Gallo | 1097 San Marco, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)
+39 041 241 2002
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 345 things to do in Venice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: VENEZIA at Teatro San Gallo, is a celebration of Venice. A light hearted, exuberant and entertaining show that illuminates some of the stories and traditions of the city in a very theatrical and enjoyable way. In this, the last private theatre in Venice, where once there were over 100, the cast of live performers bring to life the fascinating background events of this city's glorious and often scandalous past. Our wish at the theatre is to add to your understanding of this Great City's important story and entertain you along the way.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Gouda, The Netherlands
“Loved it!! A must see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to this show on our visit to Venice. I can honestly say that this show was one of the things I loved the most about our trip! We had such a great evening!
This show tells you a lot about the history and traditions of Venice in a really funny and interesting way. For example the history of the masks and the stories about Casanova. The theatre is small but that makes it cozy! The cast and the staff are all really nice and friendly.The play is fun and the cast is so enthusiastic while they tell their stories.
Because we are students, we only had to pay €25,- The show was totally worth the price. And the drinks at the bar weren't that high.
I actually only want to say one thing about this show: I loved it and everyone needs to see it!

• Polish first
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Entertaining and Educational”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

What a fun evening. I really enjoyed this play. The theater is quaint and holds less than 200 people (probably more likely 100). At the show I attended there was roughly 50 people. If you go early and you can have a drink before the show ( I would recommend this to put you in a laughing mood).

All of the employees, including the actors, are very friendly. The bartender, who earlier had given us a tour of the small theater when we bought our tickets, gave me a complimentary belini. Later when I returned to buy a glass of champagne he gave me two since, he claimed, "The first glass is a bit fizzy, two glasses are better than 1."

Do not expect a Broadway production. This is a low budget show, but it is full of heart.

Rancho Santa Fe, California
27 attraction reviews
“Even our teenagers kind of liked it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked this, along with dinner at The Hard Rock Cafe, way in advance for my husband, myself, our 15 year old daughter & 19 year old son. ( F.y.i., you have to pick up your vouchers for dinner at the theater beforehand). The theater is small, but charming & the staff is kind, helpful & sweet as can be! They serve cocktails & various beverages & snacks before the show & during intermission. The first half of the show is a video which is displayed not just on a screen in front of you, but on every wall & the ceiling. It's very interesting & informative. We actually enjoyed the video a bit more than the play. The play is a little corny, some of the jokes fell completely flat & it's basically all of the same historical information that we had just watched in the video all over again but with a little familial storyline to accompany it. I noticed all ages in attendance, from young to old, families, couples & even some single girls who got free drinks from the bartender! Ah, to be young & beautiful! It's easy to find the theater & with a yummy dinner at The Hard Rock close by, it's actually a pretty good deal. It made for an easy going, fun evening that even our teenagers kind of enjoyed and believe me, that's saying a lot!

Visited July 2013
4 attraction reviews
“A disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was not what we expected as the flyer made it seem like an actual play and a bigger production. However it was more of a narrative documentary, which repeated the same information provided in the actual documentary before the "play". There are 3 people that talk to you about the history of Venice, while a projector displays pictures on the wall, and 1 person runs into the room on occasion as a "comedy relief". It's a tiny theatre and my daughter felt like she has seen better productions at her high school. We were bummed as we love plays and theatre, and were trying to budget for fun things on our trip.

Montreal, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Well done and informative!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Booked tickets fairly easily and were able to see the show the day of without a problem. Easy to find and very cute theater. My boyfriend and I really enjoyed the show. It was informative and amusing. Very well done. Our 8 year old found it a bit long though as some of it was over her head, and most likely because the theater was full and it was hot. Part of the package when you travel to Venice in August .. but something to take into consideration if you are bringing a younger child.