“Average but fun” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Winter Park, FL
“Average but fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had taken an apartment in Castello and our first night there we were all ready to eat at a place with a pleasant setting that was convenient to our nice apartment on Campo Bragora. I had eaten here on a previous trip to Venice and the food was acceptable and atmosphere nice. We ate well and for not much money. We had a good time and the staff were attentive. Since it was November there weren't that many travelers and the staff were not overworked. Two of our group of four speak Italian and that always makes exchanges pleasant. As with most places, you should check your bill carefully to determine if the figures comply with the food served and the cover and service rate. We did request an adjustment, which was promptly addressed.

The setting outside, along a little canal, and the wood-paneled interior, both make for a pleasant dining atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Southampton
“Great eatery off the beaten track”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Found this restaurant during our exploring and the food and wine were both delicious.
Eating outside next to the canal was fun and the local sparrows are very friendly.
Highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Canal Side Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We ate here in order to enjoy dinner sitting along the canal, which provided a nice and unique environment. It is tucked away off of a small street several blocks from St Marks, so it takes some searching to find.

We ordered the €17 fixed price menu, which provided more food than we needed. The dessert left something to be wanted, but everything else was good. Overall, decent value for the money considering you get to eat next to the canal...a must do experience in Venice!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Watford, United Kingdom
“Pleasant but average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nicely situated alongside a canal we enjoyed a pleasant lunch with good service. Nothing special to tempt us back though.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NYCARCH01
“BEWARE DELIBERATE OVERCHARGING ON BILL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was attracted to the restaurant which offered canal-side tables with the occasional gondola drifting by. To be fair, the food was decent, reasonably priced and the service was attentive. However, all of that was quickly spoiled when I got my bill. For a start, although I was dining alone, the bill listed the 'coperto' ('cover charge') for two. When I pointed this out, the waiter, without flinching, promptly adjusted the bill (suggesting he was half-expecting it to be noticed). On examining the revised bill, I noticed that the 'servizio' (service charge) was calculated at 17% even though the menu listed it as 12%. I pointed out this second error tro the waiter who again, faked embarrassment, and corrected the bill for the second time. As I finished my glass of wine, two couples at the next table were reviewing their bill. I related my experience and ... surprise, surprise .... they too were charged the 'servizio' at 17%. Clearly this is a management policy, and they hope their guests will not do the math. I hope someone in authority Venice will investigate and penalize the restaurant for their rip-off policies. But I would not recomment patronizing a restaurant that deliberately seeks to cheat their customers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere