“Pleasant but average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ristorante Alla Conchiglia

Ristorante Alla Conchiglia
Fondamenta S. Lorenzo no 4990 - 91 | Venezia, 30122 Venice, Italy (Castello)
+39.041.52.89095
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #523 of 1,205 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Chowder, Mediterranean, Pasta
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castello
Watford, United Kingdom
“Pleasant but average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nicely situated alongside a canal we enjoyed a pleasant lunch with good service. Nothing special to tempt us back though.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

NYCARCH01
“BEWARE DELIBERATE OVERCHARGING ON BILL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was attracted to the restaurant which offered canal-side tables with the occasional gondola drifting by. To be fair, the food was decent, reasonably priced and the service was attentive. However, all of that was quickly spoiled when I got my bill. For a start, although I was dining alone, the bill listed the 'coperto' ('cover charge') for two. When I pointed this out, the waiter, without flinching, promptly adjusted the bill (suggesting he was half-expecting it to be noticed). On examining the revised bill, I noticed that the 'servizio' (service charge) was calculated at 17% even though the menu listed it as 12%. I pointed out this second error tro the waiter who again, faked embarrassment, and corrected the bill for the second time. As I finished my glass of wine, two couples at the next table were reviewing their bill. I related my experience and ... surprise, surprise .... they too were charged the 'servizio' at 17%. Clearly this is a management policy, and they hope their guests will not do the math. I hope someone in authority Venice will investigate and penalize the restaurant for their rip-off policies. But I would not recomment patronizing a restaurant that deliberately seeks to cheat their customers.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winter Haven, Florida
“Good Meal, Excellent Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Ordered from the tourist menu, which included first play, second plate and dessert. We all thought the food was good and sitting right on the water as we dined was wonderful. Food prices were consistent with other restaurants, but prices for beer was a bit high. Service was typically "Italian"....wait staff doesn't hover over you, but are there when you signal them. Overall, we enjoyed our dining experience!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
“As expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Food was good but found the staff to be non-attentive. The location was nice beside the canal which is why we picked it but there are so many choices that I would not go back.

Visited August 2012
“Good food but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

We had lunch at this restaurant & it was very pleasant to watch the world go by on the canal. I had the gnocchi in crab sauce which was very good & my husband had an average pasta marinara. The service was OK but the whole experience was overpriced.