We travelled as a family of 4, for 3 nights in an apartment as part of a 4 week Europe trip.
This apartment is in true Venice style and has been in the same family for 5 generations. Marble floors, high ceilings, chandelier, shuttered windows overlooking a quiet canal but with modern accessories in the bathroom and kitchen including a nice large fridge. A bit rustic with a modern spin...nice.
The rooms were spacious and comfortable but best of all it had excellent air-conditioning, the best on our whole trip actually.
We got a friendly welcome when we arrived and he was expecting us which was nice.
The position of the apartment is excellent in my view. It is located in one of the quieter areas, but just a short stroll from the area where the cars and buses stop (so no water taxi required). Plenty of places to eat nearby, bakery and gelato very close (the important things!). The owner had put together some great information which was very handy. Also we found an excellent laundromat nearby (important on a long sticky trip).
The apartment had a double bed and sofa in a separate room which was spacious, the other bed was a dreaded sofa bed but apparently is was quite comfortable.
Overall we loved this place, it was refreshingly different to all the other accommodation and you could easily believe that it was your own apartment in Venice. I enjoyed looking out the window at the canal and street life and my wife liked her morning stroll to the bakery for jam filled croissants at the bakery.
I can highly recommend Residence Palazzo Odoni for your Venice trip.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Palazzo Odoni Hotel Venice
- Residence Palazzo Odoni Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The owner, Mr Michele Giangreco, welcomes you to his prestigious XV century gothic Venetian Palace belonging to his family for 5 generations.Enjoy the true atmosphere of Venice in the luxury apartments still retaining a nostalgic charm.Feel home at Residence Palazzo Odoni...the real Venice awaits youWe offer a unique experience both for those that have already visited Venice, or for those visiting for the first time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Residence Palazzo Odoni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.