Palazzo Odoni stays in a historic building, renewed inside, in the Santa Croce region, strategically situated right two bridges away from the Piazzalle Roma and the Santa Lucia Train Station, with easy and quick access in and out of Venice by foot (as soon as you reach the city by car or train) and sorrounded by good restaurants. The building has a beautiful patio and a charming atmosphere, the decoration is also cosy, the rooms have a good size (considering the italian standard for historical buildings) and has a spacious bathroom with a good shower. There is cable TV but with limited channels in english, french and german (however, in Venice you don´t need TV more than to whatch the news). The staff is excellent, well trained, sympathetic and helpful. The breakfast is one of the best features of the Hotel, with fruits, natural homemade yorgut, integral items, eggs, fresh juices, a variety breads, pastries (we had the best brioche/croissant of the trip) cheese, salami, ham, and capuccino!
As expected and based on other comments, there is no elevator, so be prepared to face two stories of stairs if you bring heavy luggage (but the front desk helped us to go up with them). If you go on October and November (like us) be prepared, because it is period of high tides in Venice and the Hotel is located in the lower region that may flood (we faced about 30cm of water on our legs because of it in the street, so we have to use waterproof boots to leave the hotel, but we heard that this year it was the most critical for Venice). Because of the floods, you may expect some stink coming from the bathrooms, but this happens in all places affected by the floods (like restaurants, was we noticed). Also, the walls are thin, so you can hear noise from the neighboors (if the other guests are not well educated).
- Also Known As:
- Residence Palazzo Odoni Hotel
- Residence Palazzo Odoni Hotel Venice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The owner, Mr Michele Giangreco, welcomes you to his prestigious XV century gothic Venetian Palace belonging to his family for 5 generations.Enjoy the true atmosphere of Venice in the luxury apartments still retaining a nostalgic charm.Feel home at Residence Palazzo Odoni...the real Venice awaits youWe offer a unique experience both for those that have already visited Venice, or for those visiting for the first time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Residence Palazzo Odoni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.