“Mauro is an incredible artist, be sure to watch him work!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Artigianato d'Arte di Vianello Mauro

Artigianato d'Arte di Vianello Mauro
Calle dei Morti 2251 | Santa Croce, 30135 Venice, Italy (San Polo)
+39 041 520 1802
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 162 Shopping in Venice
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: To purchase my studio is open from Monday to Saturday from 10.30 To 18.00. On request and payment I perform demonstrations with explanations of the production process for up to 5 people.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Mauro is an incredible artist, be sure to watch him work!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I stumbled on Mauro's shop while honeymooning in Venice. We went in for a brief moment to look at his work and ended up staying for 3 hours watching him make his signature item, extremely beautiful hand-blown Murano glass sea shells.

He's a great guy with a great view on life, art and work. Next time we visit Venice, we will definitely be stopping in to watch him again!

Visited October 2012

Melbourne
“Glass demonstration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I emailed Mauro and asked if I could visit and have a demonstration. He was more than happy to accommodate us. My girlfriend and I arranged to meet him at his store at 12 and he was working away. He introduced himself and explained a little about his shop and his art. He set up his workstation and spend about 20-30 minutes making a clown fish. He commentated the whole thing and was friendly and open to questions. Mauro is an extremely talented artist and he is very friendly and welcoming. Best thing we did in Venice.

Visited January 2013
Turin, Italy
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Mauro is a real first-class artist, and -not secondarily- a gentleman too. No other words are needed, you have to visit him in his lab, it will be one of the best hours spent during your Venice tour.

Visited January 2013
FR
5 attraction reviews
“Meet a Venetian, master glassblower”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Whether Mauro and his work are the "top" visit in Venice depends on why you go to Venice. It also depends on how tripadvisor configures its own site, mixing and allowing its users to select or exclude what those users wish. Web users should understand that the truth is not determined by popular vote.

The glasswork is excellent. If you would like to speak, privately with a local who knows Italy, Italian, and Glass art, you will appreciate the personal time that Mauro sets aside to do so. He can also get by English.

We have visited Venice 8 times now, having first discovered his work at his shop in the San Marco quarter. He has now moved to the somewhat less touristy San Polo area. Harder to find, but still worth the visit.

He makes many different types of pieces. We stopped in to speak because he had a good number of animal figures on display. This November 2012, he favored vases. We have sent photos and had several pieces custom made for ourselves or as gifts, including a puffin, rooster, and hippo. The beautiful pieces were made each time on a be satisfied or simply refuse it basis. The price is proper for bespoke art created with a right of refusal. Our friends and family who received one of Mauro's blown glass objects as a gift also thought they were wonderful.

We wish Mr. Vianello continuing success in his chosen art.

Visited November 2012
Fintry, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“A happy return visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I first encountered Mauro 4 years ago after reading reviews on this site. I was not disappointed then and I was delighted to have an opportunity to return this time. I contacted Mauro a couple of months before my visit to ask him to make a present for my husband. I sent him a photograph of an acorn and Mauro made a beautiful piece. My husband is delighted with his gift and we are both very happy to think of our visit embodied in this work of art. In addition I bought a very cute little snowman who will take pride of place on the Christmas tree. Mauro is very committed to his art and his enthusiasm and depth of understanding is humbling. In addition he was very helpful about suggesting where we might visit while in Venice and if it hadn't been for his advice we would have missed the fascinating Carlo Scarpa glass exhibition on San Giorgio Maggiore. I hope now that I can consider Mauro to be our good friend. Seek out the little video on you tube and follow his route to his shop. You won't be disappointed.

Visited November 2012