“Creative food lost amid the tourist raps” 4 of 5 stars

+39 0412960406
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Hostaria Galileo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #727 of 1,196 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The recently renovated Hostaria Galileo in the picturesque Campo Sant'Angelo welcomes guests for informal al fresco lunches or romantic candle-lit dinners. It offers a selection of "a la carte" dishes lovingly prepared by the chef using all fresh, natural ingredients from the area around Venice and the Lagoon, accompanied by wines from the well-stocked cellar. Hostaria Galileo also has two cosy indoor rooms available that are suitable for business lunches and dinners.
“Creative food lost amid the tourist raps”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The only gourmet meal I managed In a four day stay in Venice. Creative and well executed. Superb pineapple ravioli desert

Winnipeg, Canada
“Not for me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Let me say first that I LOVE FOOD. I love trying new foods, interesting foods, and will try anything. I knew from the reviews that this restaurant served avant-garde dishes, so I was quite excited. What we got was quite unexpected...

We ordered a raw seafood platter to begin. While, the limited fish did taste good; the amount of wasabi was unreal (and I love wasabi, put it on eggs and potatoes!); and the presentation was wacky, I wasn't sure what I was eating - sea worms or fish cut into strips...still not sure.

I ordered Gnocchi for the main. The gnocchi were tasty, but not all of them were cooked. The description of this dish said that the aubergine gnocchi came with goat cheese, mint and basil. I was expecting fresh herbs; however, these came in powdered form on the side of the dish - disappointing. My husband ordered a "pasta" dish of egg ravioli; however, it was something quite different. I believe it was fried parm cheese, with a bechemel sauce over it. There were also three gelatinous round things in the centre - all which resembled three eggs (interesting presentation); but the taste was just not there, very bland, and we didn't know what we were eating.

After reading the reviews in Trip Advisor, i thought we had found a great restaurant; however, we were sadly disappointed. My feelings are that the chef is trying a bit too hard to create something new. And, while the presentation was definitely interesting, the taste was just not there.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“The best chips and spritz in Venice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Where to start when describing this place...
Lovely athmosphere and a great spot for people watching while indulding in a sprintz or two:) The food here is also incredible and really good value for money. As someone has already commented, you have to try the chips- I wish we had managed to squeeze in another visit into our trip.
The staff are all really friendly and helpful too. Couldn't ask for more than that. Would highly recommend a visit there.

• Visited September 2012
unite kingdom
“OUTSTANDING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I can confirm all the good reviews. The staff are friendly, efficient, multi-lingual and attentive. The food is innovative and interesting. The presentation and service all that one could wish for.

• Visited October 2012
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The food was fantastic the most funky food In town, with food that would never go through your head. I would defiantly recommend the tiramisu, sweet ravioli and the chicken. They also have a lot of things that they have raw and they cook in at the table. Lovely place to eat with great food.