“Perfect, romantic Venice experience at AD Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AD Place Venice

Save Saved
You added AD Place Venice to your Saves list
AD Place Venice
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San Marco - Fondamenta della Fenice 2557/A, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #27 of 382 hotels in Venice
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Perfect, romantic Venice experience at AD Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We loved our 3 night stay at the AD Place. It was easy to find from the Giglio stop on the city-operated boat. There are steps inside, but they put your bags on a little wheel-chair lift, so you don’t have the carry them. The lobby has all the lanterns like in the pictures. We booked a standard double but I don't think we were upgraded as some other folks have reported. We were in the main building. Our room was very small, but the bathroom itself was spacious. The shower was small, but I heard that was the case in other hotels in Venice as well. The biggest issue for me was that there wasn’t a true desk. I typically have to work on vacation, so I like to have a place to set up my laptop. However, I could have worked in one of the common areas had a needed to do so. Everything was super clean and smelled very nice. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were soft. Good pillows as well. the night stands were ample-sized. I loved the slippers - purple and thong-style! They were very comfy and fit better than regular-style hotel slippers. The décor was a little gaudy (it is just like the pictures), but I loved all the purple and it was a fun to look at, even if I wouldn’t choose to decorate my home that way. The key for us was that it was a corner room, and we had two windows with the canal beneath (not the grand canal, but the smaller ones - better in every way), and every 15-20 minutes during the day gondolas would go by with at least one boat that had a singer and accordion player. It was so romantic! I just loved listening from our room.
The hotel is centrally located and a very easy walk to the Rialto Bridge and St. Mark’s square. It is also not a bad walk over to where you can catch a boat to Murano. But I think as long as you are in San Marco you are close to most things. There wasn’t too much super commercial nearby, but there were some nice shops and cute restaurants less than 5 minutes away – maybe 3 minutes – which I think was actually perfect. I think otherwise it would have been too loud and busy.
Breakfast was a little above average compared to a similarly ranked hotel we stayed at in Florence. They would make you espresso drinks, which was a nice touch. And all the pastries were on a heated plate, so they were just slightly warm. They also had pancakes, meat, cheese, rolls, fruit, juices, etc. I stuck to pastries and they were very good (even if the selection wasn’t vast).
The concierge was very nice. Not at all snotty or standoffish. And they were excellent with our things, which I appreciate. I told them we had laptops and ipads in two of bags so they required extra care, and the immediately said they were to be put in their office. I wasn’t worried about them being stolen, but just wanted to make sure they were dropped or put under other bags.
Over all an excellent hotel – I would stay again and I would recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: We were fine in our standard double - upgrade if you will just HATE a small room. I didn't like...

579 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We were two separate groups and we stayed in the annex which was a few blocks from the main hotel. The apartments were incredible. The larger one had a pool table and terraces overlooking the canal, all white theme with incredible high ceilings and floor to ceiling windows. The funky one with pink and green was not as large, but extremely comfortable. Both had mini kitchens and the location is two blocks from the food market in the area. So you can stock up easily. The staff was excellent and extremely helpful in providing tips to restaurants etc.

Room Tip: Would definitely recommend the annex apartments.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Since I was only staying 2 nights I wanted something central and this great little hotel in San Marco was perfect. Although the single room was small it was beautiful and well laid out. The breakfast in the morning was delicious and very filling. Also from the time I got off the water taxi I was at the hotel in less than 5 minutes!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here after a cruise for one night, and wow - what a location. It's right next to a main route for gondolas and while in our room for parts of the afternoon we would continuously hear the gondolas go by down below outside our window with music and singing. It was really special and actually a bit unbelievable that we were getting this experience from our room.

We had the Agosto (August) room and it was themed purple and the bathroom yellow/white stripes. The bathroom was very spacious, the bedroom spacious enough, and then the entry/foyer had a special hallway to place our bags and came with a large closet with mini fridge. The room had two robes on the bed and even matching purple slippers. How cool! We truly felt like royalty here which was really awesome.

The hotel is small but has some cool areas like the buffet area on the third floor (where we were located) and even had an area above on the roof which we visited but didn't have time to hang out much on (although we wanted to). At night the resort entry is lit up with romantic lanterns and candles which was really nice. And the staff was very helpful and knowledgable which we appreciated. They even helped us make a restaurant reservation and shared some local favorites for more authentic italian food. The hotel takes a little work to find but that's part of the magic of Venice and why you get the gondola experience right outside the main door and outside your room windows!

For a unique/cool room experience and to be close to San Marco square you can't beat this hotel's location and the theming. Would recommend it to friends and family and a nice way to end our cruise vacation.

Chad - 32 - Orlando, FL

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

What a charming funky hotel. Staff was so charming, friendly, and with wonderful tips and suggestions. Room was lovely, the most comfortable bed we had during our 2 week travels in Italy. The window in our room opened to a small canal and we enjoyed the gondolas floating by. I thought I was dreaming when I awake from a nap to a wonderful baritone serenading me. Breakfast was a delight. Cant wait to come back! Location was perfect. Easy walk to San Marco and short walk from the vaporetto stop.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Last March, during carnival, I satyed at one of the apartments they have to rent at the city, and it was fantastic!!! The apartment was recently renewed. All rooms were big, and everything was very beautifull. The location was also great btween Rialt and Piazza San Marco. It could be more clean, but it was ok.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This hotel is absolutely stunning! Our room was so beautiful the furniture, lighting, accessories just perfect for our honeymoon. The breakfast was lovely especially the coffee! The staff were fantastic, they helped us with everything and even made up a walking tour of Venice for us which was fab! We could not have asked for more! Location is perfect just 5 minutes from San Marco square and about ten from the Rialto- it's also set off from the main streets enough so all you can hear is a gondolier singing as he rows past!

• Stayed May 2014

Been to AD Place Venice? Share your experiences!