“Lovely breakfast, wonderful service, perfect spot.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AD Place Venice

You added AD Place Venice to your Saves list
AD Place Venice
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San Marco - Fondamenta della Fenice 2557/A, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #55 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Singapore
“Lovely breakfast, wonderful service, perfect spot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We arrived to a lovely but small double room, only to be advised we were being upgraded to a suite for the second and third nights. The double room is tight but has a great changeroom, so at least bags and luggage are store separately. Good value hotel, as it is very centrally located. For the subsequent 2 nights we were upgraded to a suite which was the size of a small apartment. Separate lounge area, our own coffee machine, lovely views over the canals and the theatre. Staff are great and the bright and airy breakfast room, and breakfast were great. A medium sized buffet of cold, continental selections, with bacon and eggs in addition. Lovely, fresh espresso served. The only comment I would have, which doesn't alter my opinion, is that the suite is not suitable for those who need assistance. The bath has a small shower head which you need to manually lift out of the cradle, and essentially hand hold while you shower is a little awkward. The hotel is well within easy distances of all the attractions and close to less touristy restaurants, many suggested by the hotel.

Room Tip: The classic double is quite tight, so worth looking at the next room class.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel as our first hotel stop on our European Tour for our Honeymoon. From the moment we arrived we were treated like VIPs. Without question the best service from hotel staff I have received in any hotel, anywhere in the world. After a two night stay, we left feeling totally spoilt and completely relaxed.
The hotel itself is wonderfully located, very recently decorated/renovated and amazingly presented.
We would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at AD Place at the start of our honeymoon and were very glad we did. The location is convenient for exploring the city, in a nice pretty area and quiet. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated and our room even had a TV on the ceiling. All the staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly and always happy to go the extra mile. This extended to their restaurant recommendations which were all fantastic. On our last night we were upgraded to the suite and all I can say is "wow". Overall I'd definitely recommend AD Place to others (and also advise people to arrive by water taxi - it's expensive but well worth it).

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely hotel. We love this hotel. Friendly staff who can't help enough. Upgraded to a better room for no reason for one night and just had a lovely stay. Staff even offered to personally cook us breaky extra early on our last morning as we are leaving before breakfast starts. Can't say enough for this place. Great place to stay

• Stayed June 2013
Sunningwell, Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I chose the hotel for a special birthday trip, from the pictures on the website because they were exactly what I had in my head that a Venetian hotel should look like and it far exceeded my expectations.

Everything was made easy by the wonderful staff - from the online booking through to our arrival to being able to check in early because the room was ready. We were very lucky to stay in the Junior Suite on the ground floor for our first two nights. This is a beautiful room, but on the corner where the singing gondoliers go past ALL day, so if you don't like 'Santa Lucia' or 'Volare' then ask for a room at the top!! The room was stylishly furnished and the bed was huge. We had prepaid a package, so were treated to breakfast in our room - a huge tray was delivered with muesli, fresh fruit, yoghurt, pastries, fresh bread, coffee and juice all prettily arranged! It looked stunning!

After two nights we moved to the Suite on the top floor which was absolutely stunning. A huge sitting room with amazing chandelier, lovely bedroom again with huge bed - and one of the most comfy mattresses I've ever slept on. Our luggage was moved for us when we were out during the day thankfully as it was up a couple of floors, next to the bright breakfast room/bar. I worried that this would be noisy, but we never heard any noise from inside the hotel (and less of the gondoliers too!). This room felt like a huge treat - especially when on our last night as part of our room package we had bubbly, rose petals and candles - and one of the poor staff had to hover around waiting for us to come back from dinner to light the candles!! But this was elegantly accomplished!

The hotel is not perfect, the Italian style kettle in the first room didn't work, neither room's iPhone docks worked, the suite lacked a proper separate shower from the bath - but none of this mattered - the rest was so good.

Hotel location was spot on, 7 mins walk to either St Marks or the Rialto.

The staff were nothing but charming, friendly and helpful. They were always happy to stop and talk, make recommendations and bookings for restaurants, give directions, book water taxis, etc. We checked out at about 11am, left our luggage in the room and came back at 9pm to collect it from the lobby. They booked us a water taxi from the hotel front door, directly to the airport, a real luxury and one that made our last day in Venice really easy and stress free. Not cheap but if you want to feel like 007 it's the only way to go!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have traveled the world, stayed in many different hotels, but this is one of my favorites!!
I am a single female, traveling alone from Canada, I wanted to make sure I picked the right hotel.

Food-Breakfast was delicious, wide selection. bacon, eggs, meats, cheeses, bread, coffee, expresso and more. Very good!

Rooms-unique, beautiful, safe, not very noisy. I only had one problem, trying to operate my tv, but that was fixed right away as soon as I asked.

Location- In a nice area, close to San Marco square. A little hard to find the first day coming from the airport, but you quickly get used to it!

Staff- This is the part that made my experience truly special! Great staff! Alessandro (hotel manager), so knowledgable, very bi lingual, he like the rest of the staff speaks fluent English and Italian. This really helps!! All concerns are addressed right away. They are always available for information.

I had an amazing time in Venice. I hope to return some day. I did select the right hotel and I would recommend it to everyone.

Ciao:-)

• Stayed May 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel FAR EXCEEDED my expectations. We spent 3 nights here and I wish it could have been more. The hotel is beautiful and our room was perfect. The atmosphere of the hotel with all of the dark colors and candles in the lobby made it special. I will definitley recommend this to everyone going to Venice