“Wow- what a wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AD Place Venice

Save Saved
You added AD Place Venice to your Saves list
AD Place Venice
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San Marco - Fondamenta della Fenice 2557/A, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #35 of 382 Hotels in Venice
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Wow- what a wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Everything was perfect from start to finish. We were upgraded to the Marzo suite, with windows opening onto a canal backing onto La Fenice with singing gondoliers going past. The staff were very freindly and thoroughly spolied us. Can recommend the Ad programme (drinks and snacks) for 25E each for the duration of your stay. Rooms were beautifully decorated and hotel was in an excellent location. What more can we say -apart from when can we return?!

Room Tip: make sure you book a room/suite with a canal view -marzo was fabulous
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were extremely pleased with Ad Place. The most outstanding feature of the hotel was the staff! Beatrix, Alessandro, and Neya were so very pleasant, helpful, kind, and friendly. The rooms were lovely and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. The hotel's location was extremely convenient.

The hotel features a water taxi landing, but the water taxi service seemed uncertain about how to get there! On the day of our departure, the hotel staff kindly contacted the water taxi service to ensure they knew where to go.

Room Tip: The "ottobre" room was stunning. Reaching it means taking a couple flights of stairs, but...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

It's been just over 5 months since we stayed at Ad Place for our Honeymoon, and we STILL talk about how amazing this hotel was!!!
We arrived late at night by water taxi, to be greeted with a warm welcome and congratulations on our marriage.
We were shown to our room which was the October room. We loved it. The quirkiness, the colours the awesome four poster bed, the bathroom was fantastic we had absolutely no complaints.
Breakfast was great and there was always plenty of choice, just what you need before a long day exploring.
We had the sparkling wine and goodies in our room aswell as the rose petals on the bed....very romantic. We also enjoyed a couple of evenings on the roof terrace surrounded by candles.
The staff were fantastic, especially Alessandro. I had hurt my ankle after a bad fall, Alessandro got me painkillers for the pain and also ice to put on my ankle which helped greatly.
I know that everybody is entitled to their own opinions, but I do get slightly annoyed by some people's comments. Ad Place is a small Venetian Boutique Hotel, yes there's no lift, you can hear the Gondoliers singing as they sail past, it might be hard to locate.... But this all adds to the ambience and character of the Hotel. We will certainly be back, and if we could have our Honeymoon all over again we would definitely go back to Ad Place!!!

Ruth&Mike Gough

• Stayed August 2012
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed in Ad Place for eight days in January 2013 after reading all the great reviews. We were not disappointed and had the most amazing stay. From the breakfast to the decor of the rooms, everything was perfect. The staff were extremely helpful and could not do enough for you, especially Alex. He helped make our engagement an amazing experience, and was full of recommendations for places to go and things to do. We hope to return to Venice one day to celebrate a special anniversary and will most definitely stay at Ad Place again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

fantastic, if you buy them 2 night, you will get one night extra plus water taxi to murano Island. beside, you may also get one bottle of spumati in case a couple happen to propose. it's worth paying them. staffs are excellent. good location. a few mins for walking to san marco square.

Room Tip: the purple color room is a good room for couples. real style like venetian
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at the Ad Place last year and loved it. I had somehow made two separate bookings and the hotel kindly sorted them out for me. It meant that I had to move rooms part way through my stay but that was fine as I got to stay in two different suits and both were gorgeous plus they moved my bags for me so it wasn’t a hassle at all. The suites were gorgeous, spotlessley clean and had windows that opened out over the canal. The décor was super cool, a bit romantic and really fun. I adored it. Plus breakfast was included which was fresh and plenty to choose from.
I found the staff were really friendly and helpful. The lovely man at the front desk who I believe from memory was from Albania gave me great advice for exploring Venice, drew directions to great places to eat and moved my bags for me. He also advised me lose myself and soak up the atmosphere which was great advice!
It was easy to get to by water bus from the main station and an 8 minute walk from the stop up cobbled alley ways.The reason I said a hidden gem is that the doorway was not super obvious as the signage is subtle but I had checked out the photos on trip advisor before I went so I knew what to look for. Its right behind the Venice opera house – La Fenice – so you can walk to that in 2 minutes to explore. St Marks square is a ten minute walk in one direction and a ten minute walk to the Rialto Bridge in the other direction. Its good location as its central and close to everything you want. Overall it was a great boutique hotel for a girl travelling on her own.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
sligo ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is situated in an old and very central Venitian palace. rooms were nice and we got a good rate so I did not mind that things werec not totally perfect.
I enjoyed the experience hugely especially since it was a stone throw from the Opera House (La Fenice). Excellent breakfast. Staff was average but then the Venitians are not noted for their friendliness.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to AD Place Venice? Share your experiences!