“Enjoyed the experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AD Place Venice

Save Saved
You added AD Place Venice to your Saves list
AD Place Venice
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San Marco - Fondamenta della Fenice 2557/A, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #34 of 382 hotels in Venice
sligo ireland
“Enjoyed the experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is situated in an old and very central Venitian palace. rooms were nice and we got a good rate so I did not mind that things werec not totally perfect.
I enjoyed the experience hugely especially since it was a stone throw from the Opera House (La Fenice). Excellent breakfast. Staff was average but then the Venitians are not noted for their friendliness.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

584 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a weekends stay and we had a great time. I spoke to the hotel direct before arriving and they were more than accommodating offering several extra packages that definitely suit couples. The setting was great being within walking distance of both San Marco and the Rialto Bridge but still being slightly away from the main run of things. We went in January which was ideal as nowhere was too busy but the weather was still good enough to go out wandering. I would highly recommend this hotel and it's staff. It is probably more beneficial booking direct.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was our anniversary and we were lucky enough to be upgraded to the March room, which was a beautiful suite. The bathroom was bigger than I expected it would be. The heated towel rack was a nice touch. This room did not have a shower, but the tub was just fine.

The breakfast provided a lot of choices. Pastries and coffee were available through the day.

This hotel is wonderful for a short stay in Venice, especially since it is walking distance to a lot of the main areas you will probably want to visit. The hotel answered all my questions by e-mail promptly.

I couldn't be more pleased with my experience.

Room Tip: Don't worry if your room is by the breakfast buffet. I thought it would be noisy in the morning...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed with my parents at the beginning of January to celebrate my mum’s bday, all the staff have been super nice and helpful going and extra mile to make us feel comfortable, we have been always spoiled by AD Place Venice staff!! Our room was a Junior Suite, lovely and warm ( oh good, Venice is sooo cold in January…) and the 3 of us we have enjoy our room and even my sofa bed was very comfy! Location was amazing!! Walking distance to all the main points, we just took the vaporetto one day to see all the palaces along the Gran Canal but that’s it, you can go walking everywhere from hotel.

If we return to Venice we def will return to this hotel! Thanks a lot to the staff for make our stay so special!

Room Tip: We stayed in Novembre that is a Junior Suite with Canal views located in the ground floor and it was...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Good location walking distance to everything!
Friendly and helpful staff! Front entrance and down stairs is nicely presented but when you go up the 4 flights of stairs starts to look old, room size was good but as for the room the floors were slippery and very un even tend to slide alot if wearing socks, fan bathroom very loud and annoying, chandelier over the shower head very annoying and shower head not good! Worst thing for me were the pillows soooo flat, hard and un comfortable my neck and back was sore the whole time in venice!
Buffet breakfeast was nice !
Wouldnt be my first choice in hotel if i was to come back to venice !

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is great base from which to explore Venice. Really easy to find (with directions on their website) and very close to local Vaporetto stop. Staff knowledgeable and cheerful - we got good advise on travel, things to visit and restaurants - which helped make our stay a great one. Our room (double superior) was warm, quiet, largish and cosy. The decor is a kitschy, classic feel that is done well (though may not be to everyone's taste - check pics as it looks exactly like it does on website). Breakfast is bountiful and tasty. Our bathroom had no bath which was a disappointment - so check this if it's important - but that's my only niggle. This is a perfect place for a romantic break.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
adplacestaff, Direttore at AD Place Venice, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Michelle,

thank you for posting this kind review on here, the definition "kitschy classic" made our day, very proper indeed!

Our best regards to you and your loved one
Brentwood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in November and my fiancee and I really liked this hotel. The location is great, the rooms are a decent size and the bathrooms are pretty spacious by European standards. The hotel is sort of tucked away in the canals so it's very quiet and easy to sleep and rest, but also a short 10 min was to St. Marks, Dosoduro, etc. Also, we really enjoyed the daily breakfast and the staff was helpful and accommodating. Definitely don't expect luxury accommodations but for the money, this hotel is very comfortable and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for spending some time leaving us this review. We appreciate your words and we hope to welcoming you again should you come back to Venice.

Kind Regards

Been to AD Place Venice? Share your experiences!