“Ideal hotel for exploring Venice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AD Place Venice

Save Saved
You added AD Place Venice to your Saves list
AD Place Venice
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San Marco - Fondamenta della Fenice 2557/A, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #31 of 382 hotels in Venice
Glasgow, Scotland
“Ideal hotel for exploring Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We recently spent 3 nights at AD Place and it was a very enjoyable stay.

Check-in & Staff

Although we arrived after 10pm at night, staff were expecting us and check-in was quick and efficient. We had booked a Classic Double room but after the first night we were upgraded to a Superior Double room.

We were shown to our room and once settled they recommended a local restaurant for a late night dinner. Their tip was a good choice!

Throughout our stay we found staff to be very friendly and extremely helpful – nothing was too much hassle.

Rooms

We were in a Classic Double for the first night. The décor was as we expected from their website – quirky and colourful! The room was nicely finished and while the bedroom area was on the small side there was a separate dressing area and the shower room was very large.

We were then upgraded to a Superior Double which was significantly bigger and had a four poster bed. Interestingly the shower room was much smaller but still ample for our requirements. The showers in both rooms were very good, particularly the Classic Double room.

Wifi was also provided free of charge which in my opinion is the way it should be at all hotels. Whilst I had issues getting connected to my iPad, I was able to connect to my iPhone without issue.

Breakfast

A buffet breakfast was included in the price of the room. There was ample selection to cater to all requirements – cereals, fruit, breads, pastries, eggs, bacon, etc. Personally we had no complaints about the breakfast.

Location

This is one of the great strengths of the hotel. Located in San Marco, the hotel is only a 5/10 min walk to St Marks Square and indeed not that much further to many of the major sites. It was very easy to get around Venice from the hotel and there were a number of good restaurants in the immediate area.

Overall

If we were to return to Venice we would most definitely consider AD Place again, the only reason we would probably not stay there would be price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
adplacestaff, Direttore at AD Place Venice, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Mr. Ross,

thank you for your extremely complete review. It was a pleasure to welcoming you and your partner, and we hope to be able to welcoming you again in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly if you mean to come back.

592 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay at AD Place. All the hotel staff were very helpful, well informed and gave some great restaurant recommendations. I loved the unusual decor of the hotel. Had a very welcoming feel and looked particularly great at night when they light all the lanterns.

Location couldnt be better. Down a quiet lane so no noise from passing tourists and only a 5 minute walk to St Mark's Square. Close to all the designer shops so ideal for a bit of people watching too.

Breakfast was great with a vast selection of food to choose from. I went for the fresh pastries every day.

We arrived the day after the bad flood but you'd have never known. They moved us to another room due to the flooding (a free upgrade) so we ended up in the best room in the place.

The whole stay was great. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for something a bit different and less stuffy.

Dear Mrs. Danielle,

thank you for your review and for your flattering comments. We are glad you enjoyed the upgrade we gave you and the hotel in general.

Patras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Very nice hotel located in a very quiet place but near to the most important sites, like S.Marco's square and Rialto bridge. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The whole hotel is very carefully decorated with traditional colours and furniture. The breakfast is complete. Finally the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: prefer superior rooms which are larger than classic
Dear guest,

thank you for writing us this beautiful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at AD Place.

We hope to welcome you again in the future,

asbury park, new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel is SO Unique, so it might not be for everyone, but my husband and I really loved it. Our hotel opened up to the BACK of the La Fenice Opera House right on the canal. It is a WONDERFUL location just steps from Saint Mark's. That being said, its VERY helpful to have a hotel so close to these major attractions because its easy to get LOST in Venice! The rooms are named after the months and we stayed in Aprile which is my birthday so I was very happy. Our room was located just off the breakfast room so it was perfect. Breakfast is included and we're still talking about the italian brie, fresh squeezed juice and coffee. Breakfast was DELICIOUS! The hotel is funky, hip and comfortable. Our room was purple striped wallpaper and a blue chandelier with velvet pillows and a satin bedspread. There is a silver couch in the breakfast room with a Marilyn Monroe coffee table....pure eclectic funk! Our room had a "skinny" bathroom, but it all worked. That being said, they have a water system in the bathroom designed to use shower water to flush the toilets. It is a GREAT way to conserve water, but it makes a lot of noise. I almost jumped out of my skin the first time I heard this mechanism. I never really got used to it, but it was for a good cause! The hotel doesn't have an elevator, but it does have assistance and a mechanism to get people and luggage upstairs. The hotel is in a 500 plus year old palace but modern and old at the same time. At night we opened our window onto the canal and listened to the gondoliers singing and playing as they went by.....so romantic! Loved this place and would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for Aprile! Its a lovely room with a view of the back of La Fenice and the canal!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
adplacestaff, Direttore at AD Place Venice, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear guests,

thank you for writing this kind words, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our beautiful room Aprile. We really wish you will come back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel - the staff are so helpful and friendly and speak great English.

The best hotel breakfast I have ever had!! So much choice and all so delicious - free coffees and pastries also available throughout the day.

The bedrooms are uniquely decorated and lovely and quiet. We had a beautiful room 'Maggio' overlooking the canal. The room was large with the biggest comfiest bed! The room had everything you need and was turned out to a fantastic standard every day.

We were there for the floods on Sunday - and the Hotel were nothing but helpful and kind - we ended up checking out later and were allowed to keep our bags upstairs out of the floods etc.

The location is great we walked everywhere from the Hotel - it is on a quiet pretty section of the Canal at the back of the Theatre.

5* for service and comfort and breakfast!! I would definitely stay here again if I were to go back!

The only negative (which I do not blame on the hotel at all) was they recommended us to go to a restaurant calledc 'A Beccafico' near the hotel and the staff were unbelievably rude!!! I put this down to the fact we weren't Italian But if you are recommended to go there I would strongly advise against it!

All in all a fantastic stay, so thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
adplacestaff, Direttore at AD Place Venice, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear guests,

thank you for taking the time in writing this review. Thank you for your flattering comments and for your patience during the floods. We hope to welcome you soon, maybe with a better weather!

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

One of the most unique hotels I've ever stayed in. Fresh flowers in the bedroom, fun and romantic decorating and perfect location. They also provided the most amazing full breakfast we had on our trip. Highly recommend it and hope to be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
adplacestaff, Direttore at AD Place Venice, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear guest,

thank you for writing this beautiful review, we hope you'll be back!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This place is truly a gem. I just spent 3 nights and hated to leave. The minute you walk through their doors you're greeted with a pleasant aroma (citrus-floral scent) and a welcome "Hello." The handsome gentleman at reception was very welcoming, carried my luggage to my room (up 3 flights of stairs, no lift), and told me if I needed anything to not hesitate to ask. He was very helpful helping me figure out which train to take to Verona and the schedule, as well providing recommomdations for my stay in Venice.
My room had a lovely purple color scheme, was clean, had a wonderfully comfortable bed (a perfect firmness), good a/c, great modern bathroom and the room was just the right size (a tad small by U.S. standards, but I found it comfortable and quaint).
I loved everything about this place: ambiance, location, distance to vaporetto (less than 5 minute walk to the Giglio stop), Fenice Theatre just around the corner and St. Mark's just a short stroll away. I am already planning my next trip to Venice just so I can stay at the AD Place again. Did I mention their complimentary breakfast? Perfect! Just the right amount of pastries, meat & cheese options, bread, cereal, fruit, yogurt and juices. A perfect way the fuel up before you set out on your Venetian adventure.
Best advice I can give: use the Giglio vaporetto stop (keep walking straight, through the small square, keep walking, then turn left, walk a few feet & there's the AD Place).

Room Tip: Bed was firm (I like a firm bed), but not too firm. Just a heads up, since some people prefer softer...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
adplacestaff, Direttore at AD Place Venice, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear guest,

it was such a pleasure to welcoming you here. Thank you for pointing out the decor, the easy location and the breakfast spread. If you mean to come back, please write us directly.

Best Regards

Been to AD Place Venice? Share your experiences!