“A definite recommendation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 433 Venice B&B and Inns
Athens
“A definite recommendation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Very polite staff, clean room with a wonderful view over the Guglie bridge. Ornate decoration in the atmosphere evoked by Venice. I couldn't ask for anything more! In the wonderful area of Cannaregio, a breath away from the Jewish ghetto, close to the tourist area and easy to get away into the quiet canals and streets! A definite recommendation!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

I was looking for a small hotel in Venice to celebrate a special birthday and I found this guest house on the internet and I `m so pleased I did. Such an attractive building and with a view from our balcony that could not be better.There were tourists constantly taking pictures of us as they walked over the Pont del Guglie,obviously wondering how we managed to get this `special room`!! First class service from Alena & husband , they were so lovely and welcomed us back every evening, always willing to have a chat. Nice informal buffet breakfast , again with good views. So this is the place to stay if you want a romantic room in Venice. We loved it. Thankyou so much. Louise & Barry x

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I found this B&B by chance at a stage when I was getting desperate to find anything as most places in our budget were booked up. I was expecting to be disappointed when I saw it as the photos on the website looked fantastic (even if a bit too ornate for our taste) and I thought the reality might not be quite as good as the photos, but it was better! The room was small but adequate and I had not expected a large room in a city where space is at a premium. The en suite bathroom was small but very well designed and absolutely clean. In fact, everything looked brand new and the furnture and fittings were top quality. The only faults were that the croissants seved at breakfast were packaged and not fresh and we were not offered cappucinos yet I did notice a machine. The staff could also have provided pamphlets of things to do in Venice and information on water buses, etc. We were given directions from the train station by water taxi but it was a very easy walk and easy to find as well. We ate one dinner in the restaurant below, which has a similar name but nothing to do with the B&B and the food was very, very good with a wonderful setting and good value for money (except the service was a bit abrupt)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Nesbit,Ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

We were the 2nd to ever check into this beautiful place. The service ,comfort,convenience and price is undoubtedly the BEST kept secret in all of Italy. And Katia was so great to look after us. We will ALWAYS go back to this guesthouse when in Italy. And I WILL go back. I could stay here forever and be very happy!!!!!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends

Been to La Palazzina Veneziana? Share your experiences!