“Quaint & Romantic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 439 Venice B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Quaint & Romantic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Everything about this quaint little B&B was fantastic. The owner, Alexsandra was extremely helpful and welcoming. She met us in Apostoli Square as we'd walked from the Venice train station and got lost (the google map put us in the wrong location so pay attention to this!). Breakfast views were especially breathtaking. Great location to the Rialto Market and water bus system (easy access to the airport). Close to great shopping and dining. A must stay!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed in the apartment owned by Alla Vite Dorata as the hotel was full. There were definite positives, including the location (off the beaten track), the fact that it was spacious, Aleksandra was gracious enough to meet us very late at night to let us in after a long journey. It was also very clean. We felt we missed out on the touches we would not doubt have got at the hotel though. There was no welcome pack with information on Venice - and it would have been nice to have some milk in the fridge. Although it is self catering, little things like that would be aprreciated. Also, it was very noisy around us in the morning - but that didn't bother us too much. If we returned we would want to stay in the B&B.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Excellent Hotel, probbaly the only hotel in Venice where there is a nice little balcony over the canal where you can sit and watch the gondala's going by. Great service from Aleksandra and her family. I would highly reccomend this hotel on all accounts. It is only a 10 minute walk to the Rialto Bridge and all other sites of Venice. the water taxi dropped us off right at the balcony.

Best hotel of our 4 week Italy trip .. sorry we only stayed 3 nights.
Dayne and Rossan - Perth Australia

Room Tip: All rooms are good but would recommend not getting a canal view as the canal activity in the morning...
Norton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed with Aleksandra for 3 nights. The hotel was in a great location in a quiet area yet close to the grand canal and shopping. The bedroom & bath were immaculate and nicely furnished. Aleksandra was extremely helpful giving us information about places to eat and how to get to different areas in venice. The breakfast was delicious & consisted of coffee or tea, fruit juice, yogurt, fruit, cereal, crescents, ham, salami, cheese and other small sweets. I would highly recommend staying here and we hope to return to stay there again.

Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel, in a three bed room with friends.

I loved this hotel and cannot recommend it enough. It's in the Cannaregio area of Venice, right on a canal and feels less touristy than other areas we visited. When we arrived, the lady who works there was super friendly and helpful - a lovely welcome.
Our room was light, cool and beautifully decorated. As soon as I opened the window, a gondola went by and I got a wink from a gondolier. I was a happy bunny! :)

The hotel is spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The area is great and you can wander anywhere in Venice, finding your way back easily. There is a small supermarket nearby and plenty of restaurant options. Breakfast is simple but lovely and served in a pleasant dining area - the most coveted table is on a small veranda on the canal, but you've got be early to get that one!!

Also, we didn't need to use it, but I noticed that the hotel has good access for wheelchair users and, as all of the rooms are on ground-floor level, I expect there are rooms that would also be suitable.

Overall, this place helped make our stay in Venice a very enjoyable one. I would highly recommend this hostel and when I return to Venice, I will try to stay here again :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I just loved everything about this hotel, we had just come from Lljubljana and an old school slightly dingy but character filled hostel and this place really was like an oasis. It was the most expensive hostel we stayed in but we loved the private bathroom, fine furnishings, good quality bed clothes, quiet location, excellent air conditioning and the lady on reception was really lovely. I also really enjoyed the tasteful breakfast and little ringo the dog who was poddling about (but I encouraged this as he was so nice, he stayed well out of the way otherwise) I havent stayed in that many hostels/hotels really so I dont have masses to compare the breakfast too but I thought the one here was one of the best on our trip, I loved the hot crossants and pastries and the room was so quaint, we were lucky our first morning to get the table on the balcony which led out onto a canal so we had little boats passing us, very blissful all round I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed with Aleksandra at Alla Vite Dorata for two nights in September and found the place to be everything we expected and more. The room very nice and with a great canal view, and we were allowed to check into our room upon our early 11:30am arrival which was extremely helpful to us.

The second day of our stay was my girlfriend's 21st birthday, and we were greeted by a bottle of prosecco, chocolates and a candle in our room which was a lovely touch and made the day that bit more special. The breakfast was lovely and for our early departure on our last day Aleksandra provided us with some breakfast and coffee that we could help ourselves to before we left. Again this was another lovely personal touch which made an already fantastic place to stay even better.

It was also in a great location, in a quiet part of town but close enough to the main attractions. We walked from Piazzale Roma (coach station) upon our arrival and this took no more than about 25 minutes.

All in all, a great place - highly recommended. We will definitely be returning the next time we visit Venice!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Alla Vite Dorata? Share your experiences!