“Glad we stayed here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #240 of 433 Venice B&B and Inns
Albany, New York
“Glad we stayed here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

We lucked out staying at this three bedroom B and B in the quiet Cannereggio district in Venice. The location was in the northern part of Venice a few minutes from the Fundamente Nove. Krystyna was a wonderful host and provided for all of our needs including restaurant recommendations and special details about Venice that you would get only from a resident. She never tired of answering my many questions. We would stay here again. The breakfast was good and the room was comfortable. My only complaint was the need to pay our fee in cash rather than by credit card as I don't like to carry around large amounts of cash.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Groningen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

a unique and cosy place at a small canal.
a kind couple who runs the place and they speak 4 languages. Italian, german, English and Chinese.:-) Quiet neighbourhood but not far from center and Ghetto Novo is a 20 min. walk.
situated near Fondamente Nove where you take Alilagune to the airport.
good breakfast and coffee or tea is available all day long.
We would go here again.
nice restaurants and bars nearby.

Room Tip: we had rhe purple room wit a view on the canal
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Perfect choice for a Bed and Breakfast!! Krystyna was the perfect host. We were welcomed with a bottle of wine and asked what time we would like to eat breakfast. It was perfect after a long day if travel. The area was nice and quiet at night to sleep but close enough to the nightlife to enjoy both. We would absolutely stay here again if we return to Venice.

• Stayed July 2014
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is a lovely, clean, family-run B&B in a convenient location in Venice. Quiet and out of the way, but close to attractive sites and restaurants, etc. (Nothing is very far away in Venice.) We found the owner, Krystyna, to be very helpful and quite willing to meet every need and make our stay a pleasant one. Provided a map and advice for getting around, set up a lovely breakfast in the small garden area, was willing to accommodate us in everything. Included fast internet service, minibar in room. She will send detail info on how to find their place, as Venice is an adventure to find places. Be aware that they don't accept credit cards, cash only. We'd stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I've been to this B&B already a few times and am planning to go there again in June. Even if I'm usually not the type of guy who rates stuff, I feel I must do it in this case, because this B&B is exceptional.

I'm a frequent business traveler so I know all kinds of accomodation. I visited this B&B on vacation (wanted to try something else than the upperclass hotels I usually visit on business trips ;-) ), and what I got was still the standard of at least a 3-star-hotel or in some respects, even more. I'm talking about flatscreen TV, well-filled minibar in the room, high-performance WLAN (for free!) and an "italian" breakfast that actually shouldn't be called so, as it's much more than that (usually "italian" means some dry bread and maybe some marmelade or honey, here you get much more to select from).

Not to mention the friendly and helpful owners, who show much more motivation than in most hotels (where I sometimes have the impression they think of me as their slavedriver).

Some of the previous postings talk about baby stuff lying around - yes, the baby is cute!! ;-) - , the tiny garden or smell coming out from wherever. Those guys better go to Excelsior on Lido. You're in Venice, so enjoy venetian style.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, the room was not large but ample for 2 of us and a nice warm bedroom to sleep in, the shower was adequate and nice hot water. Breakfast was simple but good the owner was helpful and made sure you were ok. ideal for a short break we were out most of the day but it was nice to come back to a warm room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

B&B? Not sure! Well, more like a house share, or to be correct a ground floor flat.

Not easy to find as the owners do not have a proper sign, rather a tiny sticker on a communal post box.

You enter a so-called tiny-tyny courtyard and immediately bump into a baby pram and other baby stuff. There are also three tiny coffee tables where you are served breakfast. The B&B website claims they service Italian breakfast buffet which in reality tea/coffee/milk and yogurt in a plastic sachet, and a few bread rolls.

Enter a hallway, and again – baby’s paraphernalia everywhere including a massive playing pen for a little toddler that the owner have. Baby was well behaved, but we could still hear baby noises from time to time. Kitchen smell is everywhere....

The room is very tacky and dated (having said that I find Venetian style is tacky anyway, so might be a personal choice. The colours are too intense and gold finish makes it even worse). Room size is OK. Poor lighting and lack of natural light though. Shower room is good size, but very dumpy and smelly. It seemed like the sewage smell was coming from the everywhere. We had to keep a fan on at all times.

Location is good, but Venice is so small so it does not really matter where you stay – east, west, north, centre you still 10-15 min from Grand Canal. Next time I visit Venice on holiday, I would actually stay in Murano, a little island just 10 min away from Venice. It is quieter and well connected with Venice itself. Though public transport, I mean actv boat service, is horrendous! Poor, old boats, constantly overcrowded with minimal health and safety. Italy is extremely poor country now, and Venitian decadence suits it well!

I made reservation online with Expedia. I gave Expedia my credit card number and was told that the hotel will charge me at the end of my stay – fine! A day before our arrival, I received an email from Ca Bella saying that they DO NOT accept credit or debit cards, and payment must be made in cash only! They obviously save money on cards transactions with banks, but we live in 2013! I do not remember when I paid cash for my sandwich not mentioning a hotel!. What an inconvenience! It is bonkers to travell abroad with thousands of euros in pockets! So please bear in mind that you would need to bring your cash with you. Local ATM will dispense only 250 euros a day max! (unless you have an Italian bank account and can get as much cash as you like from a local brunch). There is nothing about cash payemnt on the B&B website.

The runners of this B&B are lovely people, and you can see they are hard working and ready to please their guests. However, judging by British standards, Ca Bella is a poor, student accommodation type of a flat share. There was absolutely nothing in that B&B that would make me come back, or at least to have good memories.... just babies stuff everywhere. If you have additional 60-70 euros per night, I would rather recommend 3-4 star hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ca' Bella? Share your experiences!