“A much needed break from Italian” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tian Jin

Tian Jin
S.Polo Ruga Rialto, 649, 30125 Venice, Italy (San Polo)
041 52 04 603
Improve this listing
Ranked #882 of 1,194 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: San Polo
Pozzuoli, Italy
“A much needed break from Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We live in Italy, in Naples, where there's hardly any International cuisine, so we jumped at not eating pasta (so we went to Chinese and ordered noodles, ha!) Seriously, for being right near the Realto bridge, it was very reasonable and delicious. A welcome break from the over-priced SOUTHERN Italian pasta dishes practically every place serves.

Visited January 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Great value & tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I'd recommend this restaurant for it's tasty and very good value food, the straight forward pricing on the menu, and the service was great. It's family run and the lady spoke very good English and was very helpful, as were the husband and sons. We had 2 starters, 2 mains, and one desert for €40 - which included a litre carafe of house wine for €8, and very good it was. It's quite a comfortable restaurant and well worth a visit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kyle, Texas, United States
“Great service and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We really enjoyed our dining experience last night at Tian Ji. We were seated immediately and water glasses refreshed. We never had an empty plate languish on the table longer than 10 seconds, which was nice since we were sitting at a small, intimate, 2-person table. The food was surprisingly excellent, and the ingredients fresh. The price was more than reasonable, and by Venice standards, in expensive. We got an appetizer, soup, entree and rice for under 14 Euro per person. Single entree orders were just 5-6 Euros each! We also ordered the fried dumplings, which were good, albeit not as good as my mondu.

Visited November 2012
San Diego, California
“Greatly disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I sadly only read the few most recent reviews but seriously wished I had read further down. After several days of pasta and pizza I was in the mood for Asian food, and of my options this was the most reasonably priced. I found the restaurant easily and when I got there there was a couple speaking to the host but another gentleman immediately assisted me. As I was alone and on a budget, I just asked for tap water. The guy nodded and said ok, but then came back and said "I just have this" and showed me a bottle of water. I said "You don't have tap?" And he said they didn't have any. (A restaurant without a faucet? Highly unlikely) Anyways, I let it go and ordered. The steamed dumplings took a fair amount of time but I was fine waiting. There were 4...the first one I ate was pretty good (or maybe I was just so hungry)...the others were hard and undercooked. Then came my noodles. It was a fairly small portion but I didn't mind as I hate leftovers when traveling. The noodles tasted like undercooked spaghetti. I ate them because I was quite hungry, but I was very disappointed in the overall quality of my food. The owner then asked me if I wanted dessert, and still being hungry I thought about it but then decided to go elsewhere since I had not been impressed so far. This seemed to have pissed her off (although I never mentioned that I disliked my meal as she never asked). The server brought my check and when I inquired about the multiple fees (I figured there was a table fee like most restaurants here, but did not see the small fine print about the 12% service charge), the server just looked at the owner and she stormed over and slammed the menu down on the table and pointed at the fine print. I had not been arguing and inquired in a polite manner but she didn't seem to care.

I may not be from China or be a food writer but I do eat Chinese food a lot, and this was definitely in the bottom 3 meals I've ever had. Even though I was tired of pasta I would have rather had the rest of the €2.50 meal I cooked myself last night.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Best Chinese in Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

OK, I know , why are you eating Chinese when in Venice...Well, I'll tell you!
We had been in Italy (all over) for over 2 weeks, and tired of Italian food...and Hey...
we love Chinese food...Anyway, we had been in Venice over 7 years ago, and found this restaurant, and loved it...This trip we looked and looked for it, but couldn't remember where it was, so then we did the smart thing...pulled out our phone, where we had downloaded Venice TripAdvisor...and BAM...there it was...Thank you Tian Jin...and Thank You TripAdvisior!
Everything thing fresh and very tasty...and we will always come back when we are in Venice.

• Visited September 2012