“Don't Waste Your Money” 1 of 5 stars

Fondamenta de la Misericordia 2519, Venice, Italy
+39 392 3623092
Improve this listing
Ranked #438 of 1,195 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Don't Waste Your Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We ate here on Saturday night after being hustled by a rather scruffy guy on the pavement... admittedly we could have kept walking, but a lot of the places look similar and you can't just keep walking round forever so we thought we'd give it a go... big mistake. The waiter was at our table within 30 seconds of handing us a menu to take orders, and after being told we weren't ready, returned about a minute later! We ordered wine and our meals which came pretty quickly. I ordered what I read to be mushroom tortellini - what arrived was ravioli, with a completely tasteless filling, some screaming hot and others barely warm. The 'sauce' was literally just heated cream with a few more tasteless mushrooms in, and coated in parsley. Very low quality. The rest of our party had grilled salmon which was more bone than fish, and spaghetti Bolognese which was apparently 'average'. The second our meals were finished, the waiter was hovering around our table to take our wine glasses as they are just eager to get you off the table to shove more people on. He took 2 out of three of our glasses, and whilst my sister hung on to hers (a little out of defiance at this stage!) the waiter quite literally stood at the end of our table waiting for her to finish! We were then advised that we could have a free aperitif but we would need to leave the table (surprise!) and come inside to pay. Needless to say at 3 euro cover charge and 12% 'service' charge, we declined the free drink and left without tipping, I am not ashamed to say! Disgraceful service, average food, don't go here!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

NYC
“terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The owner was out hustling and I had read about this restaurant in the reviews of our hotel in trip advisor. If there weren't 7 of us all ready seated or I would have walked out. (I found out later my daughter felt the same way). We did not like the way he treated the waiters (grabbed one and yelled at another). We liked our waiter who was very good to us--but someone else collect the money (my daughter thinks it was the owners family). We didn't feel that the waiters would get the tips. I order gnocchi which I will say was excellent--but very little. I was still hungry when I left even though I had an antipasto and a salad. None of us felt particularly full. My son said his bass was fine. . No one thought any of the other food was good.
The calamari was tough.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Alphen aan den Rijn
“Nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Walking through Cannaregio, a more peaceful part of Venice, a waiter of this restaurant convinced us to eat there. We don't regret this, the food was fine, it was the only restaurant we visited that served a free welcome drink (although without hesitation our daughters (14 and 15) were served the same acohol containg beverage). The only negative aspect was the fact that when the waiter was taking our order, he (more than once) jumped in front of other passers-by to try and convince them to eat at his restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is off the beaten track on a quiet stretch of canal and has seating by the water.

The manager is always busy hustling for customers and that would normally put me off, but my companion had been before.

Disappointing that the frittura di mista had been padded out with some deep fried vegetables. The Bolognese was fine, but such a simple dish is pretty difficult to get wrong.

Reasonable prices, staff a bit pushy, far from perfect, but ok for a quick bite.

“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled upon this place by chance, when I was walking during my last day in Venice at this quieter part.
I did what I normally never do when I accepted the manager's invitation ( also because of the lively crowd the good shade and nice view). I was waiting for someone and ordered a beer. I was also given a surprisingly refreshing aperitif ( I tasted it with suspicion, expecting it to be too sweet, but it was perfect). It turned out to be a good place with good food and friendly atmosphere.
I strongly recommend the pasta with shrimps & zucchini which went well with the white house wine I ordered after tasting it first.
We also got tap water which is better for the environment and complementary limoncellos.
Another surprise at the end was the great price.
I would come back!