“Perfetto!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arte Della Pizza

Arte Della Pizza
Cannaregio 1861/A | Calle de L'aseo, 30121 Venice, Italy (Cannaregio)
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 1,216 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Helsinki, Finland
“Perfetto!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you love pizza, do yourself a favour and come here. In Italy you rarely get real pizza in dinner restaurants. A real pizzeria is a hole in the wall with very few seats where they mainly serve pizza and a few drinks. You can actually smell how great the pizza is when you walk by or enter the place. The joint is located in an alleyway (looks like a real street in maps) in Cannaregio.

We had a Napolitana and Prosciutto e Funghi, both sublime. The secret is in the dough, really thin but still somehow airy and extremely tasty. You can basically have any toppings, but I would suggest only a few to not overshadow the beauty of the dough and the thin crust (they also heat up ready made thick crust pizzas for you). The entirety is beautiful, not at all heavy handed like so many pizzas.

I have eaten a lot of good and bad pizza during my life and I can honestly say this one was perfect, maybe even the pizza best I've ever had. You also get the see how they make the pizza if you order a whole pizza, since the kitchen is directly behind the counter.

The place is owned by a really nice local couple. They provide great service with some personality. The lady even taught us how to pronounce prosciutto correctly. There aren't too many seats, but it's an even better experience to take the pizza outside and enjoy a canal view in the next block. Under 20 euros for two big pizzas, two nice Lombardian beers (best beer I had in Italy) and a water: that's nothing for this experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Finnish first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent take away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This take away was near to our hotel and a bit of a life saver after a long day sight seeing and not wanting to go back out one evening.

Visited May 2013
Northern California
“Fresh and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

What a delight to find a friendly and inexpensive local pizza place. So fresh! We ate there twice in 3 days. :)

Visited December 2012
“Some of my favorite pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

It seems to me that if you want to eat great food in Venice you should skip the over-priced fancy places and in general get away from the (other) tourists. I ended up going there two days in a row because 1) the food is great, 2) the prices are low (12 euros for two people), and 3) the staff were friendly.

This place is in what I would call and alleyway and serves up some of the best pizza I've ever had (this includes the rest of my Italy trip and places in the US such as NY). The first day I went there I noticed some locals coming out of their homes to go in there for pizza and/or freshly-baked bread (looked amazing but I already had my pizza). I took my pizza down the alleyway and ate by the canals, which was itself a nice experience.

• Visited April 2013
“Fantastic Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

When other people are saying this is down a narrow street they're wrong. Its an alleyway! Def worth the trip though. For 6Euro you get a 'small' pizza with any toppings on. They call it small but to me it is an average UK size. Made infront of you. Absolutely fantastic!

• Visited May 2013