“My first Review after reading Trip Advisor on all my adventures” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 1,216 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Venice, Italy
“My first Review after reading Trip Advisor on all my adventures”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I travel the world and very often. I find myself more and more looking to trip advisor, but I look to the reviews and comments more then the ratings. I am here in Venice for the third time with my parents and decided to choose the restaurant. At first we decided to walk which was a bit tricky as we got lost and more into a pure Italien area before getting to the area where we needed to be. I suggest to simplify your life and take a water taxi. The view was just perfect. My mom and dad who are super picky about their food loved their ravioli. And then my dad and I ordered steak florentine which was served raw with a hot stone. It was just delicious. We decided to order 2 more pastas which were not only fresh but simple and delicious. Portions are not big to I suggest a few plates. The steak florentine could serve 3 people though. The wine list was perfect. We had 2 bottles of Proseco and Italian wine. Not over priced and just right. The waiter catered to my every need, even when I wanted raw scampi to start which was not in the menu.

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Tokyo, Japan
“the most favorite restaurant in Venice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

It was the second visit. It is the most favorite restaurant in Venice. The staff are all very friendly and atmosphere of the restaurant is so well. My recommendation is raw seafood appetizer. Very good also sliced ​​beef that we ate in the main.We will came back to this restaurant always.

• Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went to this restaurant only because a nearby restaurant was closed. We were very pleased by the seafood and staff. My wife and I shared a scallop dish that was served in an attractive dish shaped like a scallop shell. The scallops were baked with wonderful crust. My wife had the sea bass and I had turbot. Both dishes were delicious. Instead of dessert, we had the cheese plate with five cheeses each served with sauce. My wife told the waiter she never had grappa, so he brought her a small taste. The waiter was very good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Off the beaten track but great food, ambience and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This restaurant is tucked away at Fundamente Nuove in Cannareggio. You can take the 4.1 Vaporetto (waterbus) from St Mark's square and get off at Fondamenta Nuove stop. The restaurant is right next door. We had to sit inside as it was quite windy that night; however the interiors are also nicely done up and provide a nice ambience. We had the scallops and proscuitto starters, ravioli main courses and tiramisu for dessert. The waiter also suggested a great white wine and the overall experience, food quality and service was very good. It was nice that it was away from the typical tourist spots.

Visited September 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lunch with a View the Celebration Continues”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

After walking and exploring the out of the way sites of Venice we came upon Algiubagio. The restaurant overlooks the lagoon and the menu is for the more appreciative palate. Our seats are on a platform over the lagoon and we enjoy watching the various boats go by. The food here was absolutely fabulous. We enjoy a fantastic bottle of red wine and bread that had a hint if lemon delicious. Our appetizers were scallops for my husband and shrimps for me.My dish came with the heads on and we have a good laugh as I have no idea how to eat my appetizer. The waiter sees my dilemma and quickly comes to my rescue explaining how to eat it. Our main course was for my hubby a seafood ravioli and I have a green tagitali with lobster . Our meal is relaxed and not rushed and we enjoy the time to relax after our explorations. We would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013