“the most favorite restaurant in Venice.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 1,204 restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Tokyo, Japan
“the most favorite restaurant in Venice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

It was the second visit. It is the most favorite restaurant in Venice. The staff are all very friendly and atmosphere of the restaurant is so well. My recommendation is raw seafood appetizer. Very good also sliced ​​beef that we ate in the main.We will came back to this restaurant always.

87% Recommend
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went to this restaurant only because a nearby restaurant was closed. We were very pleased by the seafood and staff. My wife and I shared a scallop dish that was served in an attractive dish shaped like a scallop shell. The scallops were baked with wonderful crust. My wife had the sea bass and I had turbot. Both dishes were delicious. Instead of dessert, we had the cheese plate with five cheeses each served with sauce. My wife told the waiter she never had grappa, so he brought her a small taste. The waiter was very good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Off the beaten track but great food, ambience and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This restaurant is tucked away at Fundamente Nuove in Cannareggio. You can take the 4.1 Vaporetto (waterbus) from St Mark's square and get off at Fondamenta Nuove stop. The restaurant is right next door. We had to sit inside as it was quite windy that night; however the interiors are also nicely done up and provide a nice ambience. We had the scallops and proscuitto starters, ravioli main courses and tiramisu for dessert. The waiter also suggested a great white wine and the overall experience, food quality and service was very good. It was nice that it was away from the typical tourist spots.

Visited September 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lunch with a View the Celebration Continues”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

After walking and exploring the out of the way sites of Venice we came upon Algiubagio. The restaurant overlooks the lagoon and the menu is for the more appreciative palate. Our seats are on a platform over the lagoon and we enjoy watching the various boats go by. The food here was absolutely fabulous. We enjoy a fantastic bottle of red wine and bread that had a hint if lemon delicious. Our appetizers were scallops for my husband and shrimps for me.My dish came with the heads on and we have a good laugh as I have no idea how to eat my appetizer. The waiter sees my dilemma and quickly comes to my rescue explaining how to eat it. Our main course was for my hubby a seafood ravioli and I have a green tagitali with lobster . Our meal is relaxed and not rushed and we enjoy the time to relax after our explorations. We would highly recommend this restaurant.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“One of the best in Venice !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I googled a bit around before my 3rd trip to Venice as our experience with restaurants in this city was not very positive. Not bad, but not good either. So after reading some reviews about this restaurant, I called them a week before to book a table on the terrace. Upon our arrival, we received the exact table I had asked and this was the start of a wonderful evening. The staff is extremely friendly, they advise you on the food and the wine (delicious Venetian wine) and they don't treat you as a quick passing by tourist but with a real personal service ! Our dinner was excellent ! Time between the different meals were perfect, not too short, not too long. We were that happy that we decided to go back for our last evening in Venice and again we had a wonderful time.
One of the waiters (I guess he's called Andy or Andrea) is great with kids. On the table next to us was a couple with three little children...The waiter sat down next to them, explained them everything in a sweet and funny way....Nothing was too much ! It was almost touching to see how he tried to makes those kids feel comfortable !
We've been having dinner in many restaurants in Venice but for us Algiubagio is the best. Besides that, the terrace on the waterside is really romantic !
I can recommand this to everybody who appreciates good food and a perfect service !