“Typical Venetian place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Osteria ai 4 Feri

Osteria ai 4 Feri
Calle Lunga S. Barnaba | Campo S. Barnaba, 30123 Venezia Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)
041 520 6978
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro
Rome, Italy
“Typical Venetian place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was a restaurant recommended by a friend of mine who used to live in Venice. He was right, the place is absolute not turistic and offer typical dishes of Venice. Prices are not very cheap but is a perfect place to have a dinner in a true Venetian location. We took an apetized of fresh fish and then a plate of grilled fish with vegetables. A must have is the home made dessert!

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Indian Harbour Beach, FL
“Excellent food, great service, reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I just had dinner at Ai 4 Feri. We shared one of the plates-for-two. Ours was pasta with scallops and asparagus. The sauce was delicious. The service was prompt and friendly. I speak enough Italian to get through ordering a meal, so I don't know if our waitress spoke English or not.
My husband ordered the house wine. And yes, as noted in an earlier review, if you get the house wine you don't get a "real" wine glass. He pronounced it OK. I had a spritz, and for dessert I ordered panna cotta. It was a great finish to the meal. And it was the cheapest dinner we've had this trip.
We had tried to get in two previous evenings but couldn't. This morning, I stopped in and made a reservation. I would suggest reservations for anyone wanting to eat here.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marseille, France
“Try the pasta with scampi and artichokes...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

From the look of the place, this would not have been our first choice. But a lot of restaurants are closed on Mondays, including some of those near Campo San Barnaba, so we gave this one a try and had no regrets. We had pasta with scampi and artichokes, which our neighbor told us was their best dish, and it was indeed excellent. For dessert we had panna cotta al caffé, which was quite good, but not as good as our neighbor's crostata with chocolate and pistachio (their best dessert, she informed us, and let us taste it to prove she was right). The prices were average for Venice, I would say. The service was not overly friendly but it was efficient. I can't vouch for all the other dishes we didn't try, but I would very happily go back for another plate of scampi and artichokes...

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Good place for fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This charming little restaurant is in a skinny alley called Calle Lunga San Barnaba just off the Piazza San Barnaba in Dorsoduro, walking distance from the Accademia. Think steamed-up windows and a clientele which seems to be mostly locals which I always consider a good sign.
I was seated at a shared table with an English-speaking couple. The ambience was very pleasant, the staff were sardonic-but-efficient, and one of the waitresses spoke English.
The warming menu, which I believe changes daily, is almost entirely fish - I ordered a piled-up platter of fishy pasta - piquant prawns and tomatoes - it was a winner. Within a second, the waitress wheeled over with bread for mopping and a carafe of ruby-black house red. For afters, almond biccies and Vin Santo are compulsory.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Poor customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I haven't experienced such abrupt gruff service for some time. Interestingly, you are only "allowed" to drink wine from a beaker if you order the vino de casa, but you are "allowed" a wine glass if you order a bottle. The food was flavourless and unmemorable. The restaurant itself was soulless. Good luck!

• Visited April 2013