We stayed at Best Windows for 3 nights at the end of our first trip to Italy. You have to understand what you are booking here. For the right traveler, this is a great option.
We loved being right in the middle of things, since we only had a short time to explore the city. The location is perfect if you don't care about not being right on a canal, and don't mind having crowd noise when you have the windows open. I loved opening the door to the building and walking right into the middle of everything. You are right in the heart of the tourist area - of course the downside to that is that prices in the area (especially restaurant prices) are sky-high, even by Italy standards. The main water taxi stop is within a 3 minute walk.
We were careful to book a suite (#701) with St. Mark's views, and asked for a suite on the first floor. The suite down there has higher celings and larger windows, and is the one featured in pictures on the website. It was a blessing, since there are steep stairs and no lift. The rooms on the higher floors would have been challenging when carrying luggage.
Here were the downsides - they wouldn't stop me from booking this guest room again, but should be taken into account when choosing whether this place is for you:
1. No free breakfast of any kind (we went down the side streets and grabbed delicious hot sandwiches, and took them back to the room to enjoy.)
2. The mini-bar had a price list, but was completely empty except for one bottle of water. (Fine with us - we used it to chill our store-bought wine.)
3. At least when we were there, something was wrong with the A/C and we were freezing the entire time. The hotel staff that handles this property was unable to fix it and gave up trying. (For the most part the hotel staff was quite helpful, but we did run into one gentleman that was a little rude.)
4. Decorations here are fairly minimal, so you aren't getting a luxury suite with all the fru-fru. Room 701 was lovely enough for me - again, I liked the high ceilings and all the light from the tall windows.
Overall, I would likely stay here again, unless trying a hotel right on the canals became a high priority.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Best Windows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Windows Hotel Venice