“Nice food but overpriced” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria Povoledo

Trattoria Povoledo
Rio Tera Lista de Spagna, 30121 Venice, Italy (Cannaregio)
041 716038
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #297 of 1,131 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Description: Splendia terrazza sul canal grande di Venezia, con cucina semplice ma genuina, comoda per partenze, essendo vicino alla stazione ferroviaria,personale gentile e multilingua.
Newcastle and Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Nice food but overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Husband and I both enjoyed first course of ravioli with creamy Gorgonzola and walnuts. My sea bass with grilled vegetables was fine as was husband's swordfish with peppers. Unfortunately waiter forgot to order our side dish of roast new potatoes which arrived late after we had to remind him. We asked for dessert menu which he again forgot to bring until we asked again. The tiramisu we ordered wasn't the best we have had but wasn't the worst either. I am pretty sure I was served caffeinated coffee although I asked for decaff as I was awake all night! Getting the bill proved difficult , the waiter having to be reminded once again! We thought that everything was overpriced( total bill over £100 including half carafe of house wine, water and bread) for food that was ok but nothing special.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Very good experience ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We've had a quick lunch in our way to the ferrovia. The place is very Nice view on the terrazza, but be aware of the 2 euro tax for each person. We thought it was worth it!
We had the fried sea food and the scampi with vegetables. And it was very good! The meat lasagna was also good.
The cheese pie and the tiramisu were really good!
As we were short of time we asked our waitress to be quick and she was really thoughtfull.

St. Louis, MO, USA
“Fabulous food. Hard to find.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The hotel recommended it. We had to resort to Google Maps to find it through the maze of streets and bridges. But it was worth it!! Fabulous pasta. The house chianti was superb. Highly recommend it.

Visited November 2013
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Great little place to Wine and Dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

If you go onto Venice Island and fancy a great bite to eat at very good prices try this place......I was there in late March 2014 for my wife's birthday, and after a water taxi trip around Venice, and walks around San Marco Square and the back street markets.this place was a was a real find. A great little 'Trattoria', with an eating area overlooking the busy Grand Canal, so a great place to relax while waiting for the food to arrive.............which does not take too long believe me.
English speaking Manager and a lot of the waiting staff to......made to feel very welcome and totally unrushed., quite comprehensive menu but would recommend the fish menu and in particular the Sea Bass dishes, so tasty and not a small portion on the plate anywhere, as I remember our total for starters/Main meal and a desert plus a very nice bottle of Chardonnay was about 57 Euro's, which I think is pretty good for the amount of food that was presented. There is no real need to have a sit down three course as the Eatery does brunches/salads/sandwiches and light food if required.
I would not hesitate to recommend this place to eat at everything was right the quality of the food was excellent, it was clean and tidy.......................so here's my tip for would be travellers,
If your in Venice and want a nice place to eat overlooking the Grand Canal TRY THIS PLACE.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“$7 Coffee but the food was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I'll have to admit that the food was very good so I'll give it 4 stars. It would have gotten a 5th star had it not been for the Coperto (Cover) charge of €2 pp which we were not aware of ahead of time, the €4 bottle of water and the €4.50 PER CUP of the exact same Cafe Americano that I had paid €1.20 for all day, every other day I was in Venice. I actually asked if that was correct. Unfortunately, it was....so we paid the equivalent of about $7 for one tiny cup of coffee. I wished I could have given it back at those prices!

Again, food was good but rich. I had the shrimp pasta. My friend has the Spinach Ravioli and we split a Scallops appetizer with Zucchini which was delicious. See pics.

They killed us with the cover charge and drinks though and I left full though taken advantage of. Beware the hidden costs and for the love of God, don't order a coffee without knowing the price first!!