“Keep Walking!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria Povoledo

Trattoria Povoledo
Rio Tera Lista de Spagna, 30121 Venice, Italy (Cannaregio)
041 716038
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #298 of 1,132 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Description: Splendia terrazza sul canal grande di Venezia, con cucina semplice ma genuina, comoda per partenze, essendo vicino alla stazione ferroviaria,personale gentile e multilingua.
Dublin, Ireland
“Keep Walking!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Myself and my partner recently had a meal in this restaurant on the last day of our Venice Vacation. Unfortunately it did not live up to expectation with unfriendly staff and in my view an all round bad experience. Whom I believe to be the senior waiter was dressed in a suit and was cold and rather abrupt in his manner. I was informed by another diner that the menu we were handed was a different menu to the one with the daily specials which you had to ask for if you wanted to see it. It appeared to me that the olive oil and balsamic vinegar bottles were re-filled rather than replaced due to close inspection of labelling. The bread basket that was placed on our table had flies landing on it which appeared to be maybe fruit flies in the evening time in November. This meal also proved to be one of our most expensive meals while staying in Venice, needless to say we shall not be returning.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Great food and understanding staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I suffer from Celiac Disease which means I absolutely cannot eat gluten, a major protein found in wheat and other grains. What you may not know is that a large percentage of Italians suffer from Celiac Disease, so much so that there is now mandatory testing for ALL young children and a government subsidy for the extra cost of food if you are diagnosed. All of which means that Italy, land of pizza and pasta, is very gluten free friendly.

Still though, I was nervous. Trattoria il Povoledo was right near our hotel and when I told them that I am a celiac (sono celiaco) I was immediately assured that they had gluten free pasta on hand and would accommodate my needs - in English. They made we had a server who spoke excellent English, and we had a fantastic meal on their patio overlooking the grand canal. I had a Bolognese sauce with my gluten free pasta and my husband (who had been sampling Italian pizzas across Italy) had... Pizza Margherita. I also had a small carafe of wine. All up, about 30 euros which is cheap in Venice.

We loved our meal so much we went back again. This time my husband again had pizza (he said theirs was one of the best) and this time I had the Carbonara which was to die for. Hubby agrees - he couldn't stay out of my plate!

Last note: we ate there during the off season and didn't need a reservation. During the high season ( summer ) they recommend reservations.

Novorossiysk, Russia
“Very friendly and nice:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We visited Trattoria Povoledo following advice of the receptionist in our hotel - it was really good. They accepted us (15 persons) without any problem, advised specialities, explained peculiarities of dishes. Everybody was well-fed and pleased;))

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic restaurant right on the Grant Canal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We first went to this restaurant on our first visit to Venice in 2011 and again October 2012. It is in an amazing spot and has outdoor seating so close to the Grand Canal you can touch the water almost. The staff are friendly the food is fabulous a f the cost is excellent for such a location. There were 3 of us this trip we enjoyed entree, mains, 2 bottles of wine & water the cost was around €90 including a tip. This has to be one of the best value restaurants in Venice for location. It is located a short walk from the train station but be careful not to miss it there is just a doorway and meme board outside sometimes there is somebody outside enticing you to go in. Highly recomended

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Indiana
“Excellent canal side dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our group of 10 ate here our last night in Italy and it was one of the best if not THE best meal we had during our 12 day trip. The food was delicious and reasonably priced, especially for Venice. The restaurant is much larger that it appears from the street and it has a covered outside terrace on the Grand Canal. The service was wonderful and the restaurant is very clean with some of the nicest restrooms that we saw in Italy. They have a fixed price menu of 2 courses and vegetable for 15 euros (worth the 3 euros more than some of the other restaurants in the area) and house wine for 14 euro a liter. They also have pizza and they do not mind if you only order a pasta course. My husband had the lasagna, I had the spaghetti carbonara, my daughter-in-law had the prawns, someone else had the pizza and another person had the vegetable lasagna. I don't remember what every one else had but everyone liked the food and were very pleased with the service and the prices. An extraordinarily good restaurant with reasonable prices right on the Grand Canal! And they do have Bellinis.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere