“expect it to be hostel rather than hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Domus Civica
S.Polo n. 3082 C.A.P., 30125 Venice, Italy (San Polo)   |
Ranked #254 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Hyderabad, India
“expect it to be hostel rather than hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The location is good and staff also cool.
There was some noise from outside in nights, room was clean but there was some kind of wooden smell when I entered the room. Toilet was clean.
I still prefer it because of value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I think one of the cheapest places to stay while visiting Veniceand probably just as good or better then many of the more expensive hotels.

Ok so I'm positive about this place but I'll also tell you about the smaller down sides:
- they have some weird rule between 0:30 and 7am nobody can get in or out of the hostel.. I haven't actually asked why this is but its is weird. Flip-side there is very very very little to do in Venetia after 0:30am anyway..
- even though there is little to nothing to do at night still there are people passing in the streets and their talking (in our room) sounded like they were actually in your room (due to small streets high building the sound prob resonates)

further more people working there are very nice (and also speak English) and all amenities are all good.. Using WiFi is a bit expensive though (but I think everything in Venice is)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Venice
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The only thing, that I don't really like about this hostel is that you can't go out or come back between 00:30 and 07:00.

It's a perfect place to stay in Venice for students.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have lived in this place for 2 years during my studies and it felt like being home. The position is the best, 10 minutes from the train and bus stations, it's cheap and the staff is always ready to help you with useful tips and information.
There is a beautiful terrace on the 4th floor with a stunning view of Venice, a must!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I planned a trip to Venice for my partners birthday. As I started to research Venice I realised how expensive hotels are. I found the ostello on Expedia and booked it right away. This was my first experience of a hostel and I was pleasantly surprised. The sheets were clean and clean towels were provided. The shared facilities were clean and readily available. Best of all the staff were really friendly and welcoming.
The location is fantastic and I have already sent the hostel details to several people suggesting they stay here when they visit Venice.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
STL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at this ostello for three nights. I stayed at two different rooms; both were clean and comfortable - nothing fancy, but you absolutely can't beat the price, especially for the location. Most notably, the staff was very friendly and helpful - above and beyond, in fact. Here's why: One morning I had breakfast at the coffee shop across the way. I left my iPhone on a chair for a few minutes by mistake; when I went to retrieve it, it was gone. A week or so after returning home, my Mom got a call from the ostello. Long story short, a barista at the coffee shop confronted the person who took my phone, got it back, and delivered it to the hotel. A staff member at the hotel contacted my Mom (her last name is the same as mine, so I guess they made the connection), and eventually got to me. The phone is being returned to me as I write. Thanks to the kindness and thoughtfulness of all parties, I not only smile when I think of my stay at Ostello Domus Civica, but I am so appreciative, and can truly believe that there are terrific people out there who are willing to make the extra effort to do the right thing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Domus Civica? Share your experiences!