“The Neighborhood Classic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vino Vino

Vino Vino
Sestiere San Marco, 2007 | Calle della Veste, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)
041 241 76 88
Neighborhood: San Marco
Venice, Italy
“The Neighborhood Classic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Food is simple and reasonable, pesce or pasta are both good. Not fine dinging and rather close to other tables. But when you need a quick eat, think Vino Vino, I have been using it for 15 years. Very consistent.

Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Crater Lake National Park, Oregon
“Great food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had two very tasty meals at Vino Vino. Both meals were excellent. My wife both times had the spaghetti with the cuttlefish with the cuttlefish ink sauce. I had the cuttlefish dish as I didn't want to dilute the fish with pasta. Either way this was a delicious meal. The spaghetti was obviously freshly made and was the best I've ever had (yes I ate her leftovers). There were four of us and we were all very happy with our food. The Tiramisu was the best I've ever had.
The wait staff was helpful and friendly (something not always easy to find in Venice). We will go back next time we are in Venice.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, good wine!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent. Great wine but a bit pricy! We went on NYE 2012. Fast service (a bit too quick cos they tried to get as many customer as possible) ...

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Ripped off at Vino Vino”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Venice is one of my favourite cities in the world but I have not visited for several years. People knew i loved coming and would always ask me for suggestions about where to eat and drink. I used to recommend this restaurant as all the gondoliers ate here, it had great character and a fabulous atomosphere, it was a case of coming in and eating what was on the menu - always delicious! Today we went for lunch with my daughter and son in law. It had been spruced up and was empty at 12 midday. As we looked at the menus outside waiters peered at us from the inside - I had bad vibes already. However, seeing as we had decided to meet our daughter here we went inside. Slow service to get water and wine. The waiters were nagging us to have a starter and pushing the main meals even though we made it clear we were there for just a pasta, risotto lunch. The food was ok, just average. However they insisted we pay the bill in CASH. This has meant that we are now short of euros (it is our last day!) and we will have to get expensive cash out from a hole in the wall at extra cost. No indication was given that they did not take cards - they didn't care. We shall not be eating here EVER again!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Simple small place. Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Near St.Marco Squere.
Small unpretentious bistro.
It is a vine bar,but they serve very good food.Plenty of choice.
We had the fastest service .Excellent wait staff

• Visited November 2012